by Dr. Surya Bhagwati on Feb 04, 2022
For 3,000 years, the herbal formula of chyawanprash has been unparalleled in building long-term immunity. Even in today’s medically advanced world, when coronavirus hit our home, our mothers turned to chyawanprash to ensure that our bodies were ready to fight. While it is a known fact that chyawanprash is an ayurvedic immunity booster, there is a long list of chyawanprash benefits that make it the go-to health tonic for every age at every season of the year. It has been beneficial in reducing symptoms of many health conditions, and even protecting us from any chronic health issues in the eyes, kidney, nervous system, etc, by building long-lasting immunity.
In this article, you will read in detail about the origin of chyawanprash, its benefits and uses, types of chyawanprash for different health conditions, dosage, and much more.
In this Article:
Chapter 1: What is Chyawanprash?
Chyawanprash is an Ayurvedic herbal remedy made using 50+ ingredients as per the classical Ayurvedic process. Ayurvedic chyawanprash possesses several health benefits and has been used since ancient times as a health supplement known for its anti-ageing properties. It is beneficial in creating long-term immunity, improving respiratory health, digestive health, and physical strength. It also helps preserve strength, vitality, and stamina. Chyawanprash is great for kids and adults alike as it helps build long-term immunity.
A traditionally formulated high-quality chyawanprash is prepared with 50+ herbs mixed together with 100% pure honey and pure desi ghee, churned by the most patient hands. Finally, adding aromatic herbs like clove and cardamom gives us the well-known paste-like tonic that we all know as chyawanprash.
The ghee complements the smooth flavour of Chyawanprash, all the while benefiting the digestive system. It also contains a high concentration of fresh amla pulp that is rich in Vitamin C. Amla is known to reduce cholesterol, improve eyesight, and much more. While the list of chyawanprash benefits can go on forever, the story behind it has also managed to become legendary in the world of Ayurved.
Let’s learn about the origin story of Chyawanprash.
Origin of Chyawanprash
The science of Chyawanprash ages back to the Indian scriptures of Mahabharata and Puranas. The story of Chyawanprash is linked to the story of Rishi Chywan.
He devoted a large part of his life to pursuing enlightenment. This attracted the attention of the Gods and the Devas who were afraid that Chywan’s dedication may open the door for Heavenly Realms for him. Not wanting Chywan to enter the realm, the Devas decided to put an end to it by summoning a beautiful nymph, Menaka to lure Chywan.
She worked hard to prevent Chywan from deep meditation by offering him flowers and delicious food. After months of this, Chywan finally began to turn his attention towards Menaka’s beauty. But since she was not just younger but also immortal, Chywan was concerned he was too old for her.
Deciding to get a solution, he set out into the forest to find a way to solve this problem. There, he met the Ashwini Kumar brothers (the royal physicians to the God of the Vedic era) who invented a polyherbal preparation to make the sage younger.
This made it possible for Chywan and Menaka to stay happy. The formulation was prepared at Dosha Hill near the Narnaul area, in the state of Haryana, India. Drawing the name from Rishi Chywan, it came to be known as ‘Chyawanprash’.
If Chyawanprash can do wonders for Rishi Chywan, imagine the endless benefits that a traditionally formulated chyawanprash can offer you!
Buy the Chyawanprash Online for your Daily Health!
Chapter 2: What are the Uses of Chyawanprash?
As we learned in detail about what is chyawanprash, let us understand the different chyawanprash uses. As a herbal tonic with 50+ ingredients, it provides several benefits that can improve your lifestyle, help you achieve your health goals and even increase your concentration.
- Chyawanprash is an ayurvedic immunity booster that boosts energy, improves physical strength, digestion, and metabolism
- Chyawanprash without sugar can be used to maintain good health along with maintaining healthy blood sugar levels
- It can help remove toxins from the body and help build long term immunity
- You can use chyawanprash to improve your heart health as it lowers cholesterol levels
- It can significantly improve cognitive functions like alertness, attention, and concentration
- You can make use of chyawanprash for improving vigour, vitality and delay the ageing process due to its antioxidant properties
- One of the great chyawanprash benefits for the skin is that it can improve skin complexion and fights skin infections due to the antioxidant properties
- Chyawanprash can also help balance the three doshas, ie. Kapha dosha, vata dosha, and pitta dosha.
Getting healthy, all the while loving what we eat! Isn’t that the ultimate dream?
While Chyawanprash is infamous for its bitter taste, our Chakaash toffees are loved by kids and adults alike because of their taste. You can even consider them to be Chyawanprash in toffee form!
Build your Immunity with The Chakaash Tasty Toffees. Buy Now!
Chapter 3: Chyawanprash Health Benefits That You Must Know
Now that we have learned about the different ways organic Chyawanprash can benefit you in your daily life, let us learn the many chyawanprash benefits for your health:
- Chyawanprash for Weight Loss: While chyawanprash is infamously known to increase weight, it does not increase it but regulates the weight. If you are overweight, it can help you lose weight and help promote weight gain if you are underweight.
- Chyawanprash for Tuberculosis: Herbs like amla, pippali, gokshura, and ashwagandha in chyawanprash are particularly effective in relieving respiratory distress and energy levels to treat tuberculosis.
- Sugar-free Chyawanprash for Diabetics: A sugar-free chyawanprash ensures that it does not cause a spike in your blood sugar levels. It also protects your eyes, kidney, and nerves while regulating your blood sugar level. An ideal sugar-free chyawanprash also ensures regulating high blood sugar levels by incorporating blood sugar level controlling herbs.
- Chyawanprash in Pregnancy: Many doctors suggest that you should avoid chyawanprash during pregnancy or consult your gynaecologist before doing so. But after childbirth, women especially need the nutrients that an organic chyawanprash offers. But it is not the same as a regular chyawanprash as new mothers can benefit from chyawanprash herbs that help them lactate better, support healing their body and much more. Now, there is a new Chyawanprash for new mothers that is specially designed for post-pregnancy care.
- Chyawanprash for Digestion: It has extensive digestive qualities due to its anti-flatulent properties that reduce the formation of gas. It reduces bloating and flatulence and treats constipation and other digestive issues.
- Chyawanprash for Stamina: It is known to improve stamina and endurance. It aids in the production of haemoglobin and white blood cells. The Amla in chyawanprash benefits by enhancing youthfulness and promoting healthy muscle mass.
- Chyawanprash for Cold and Cough: It is rich in Vitamin C known to strengthen the immune system to reduce cold and cough. It also helps in maintaining the moisture level in the respiratory level. As an ayurvedic immunity booster, chyawanprash reduces symptoms of cold and cough.
After learning about the many health benefits of chyawanprash, you might wonder, how can one spoonful of an ayurvedic paste be beneficial for so many health conditions? The secret behind this ‘one-man army’ tonic is that it is packed with some of the most potent ayurvedic herbs known to humanity that benefit the body in different ways.
With 50+ ingredients, Chyawanprash benefits everyone who eats this mixture with good health and wellbeing.
Here is a list of some of the best chyawanprash ingredients and their health benefits:
- Amla or Indian Gooseberry: It boosts immunity power against infections and protects from frequent illness
- Gokshur or Small Caltrops: It supports eye and kidney health while giving you bounds of energy
- Haritaki or Chebulic Myrobalan: It helps in improving digestion and metabolism with Ayurvedic detox
- Pippali or Long pepper: It keeps you shielded against seasonal illness, and improves liver and respiratory health
- Ghee or Clarified Butter: It helps in supporting appetite, promoting digestion, and improving energy levels
- Madhu or Honey: It is a great substitute for processed sugar and promotes digestion while relieving sore throat
- Bala or Sida Cordifolia: It strengthens the immune system and nourishes the body
- Jivanti or Leptadenica: It helps revitalize the body and promotes strength
- Vasa or Malabar Nut: It helps in relieving congestion to ease breathing
- Punarnava or Boerhaavia Diffusa: It protects vital organs like the heart, kidney, and liver
Chyawanprash Is great for health but the sugar content in Chyawanprash can really affect a Diabetic person. But being diabetic does not mean that you can’t enjoy the benefits of chyawanprash.
Chapter 4: Chyawanprash Benefits for Different Health Conditions
While there are some of the best chyawanprash options available in the market, not everybody’s body can accept the regular chyawanprash. There are different types of chyawanprash for health benefits and conditions. So, let’s check them out:
This is the traditional Chyawanprash formula that you can eat to maintain good health and build immunity in a natural way. Created with ayurvedic herbs, it is one of the best chyawanprash for stamina and immunity.
This chyawanprash has benefits for your skin, weight loss, cold, and cough. It is great for maintaining mental health as the ashwagandha in chyawanprash helps reduce depression, insomnia, and other mental problems. It helps with detox and lowers your cholesterol level.
Surely, chyawanprash is healthy but with sugar as a major constituent, it is tough to think otherwise for someone struggling with diabetes. So, the big question arises, is chyawanprash good for diabetes?
Yes, so long as it has no added sugar and has ingredients to regulate your blood sugar level. Why should a diabetic person not enjoy the many chyawanprash benefits? Created with no added sugar, a quality sugar-free chyawanprash offers all the benefits of a regular one but also contains blood sugar-controlling herbs like Gudmar, Arjun, Shilajit, etc. So, with chyawanprash without sugar, you can manage the best of both worlds.
There are several chyawanprash health benefits that one cannot easily get otherwise for both mother and child post-delivery. The herbs can reduce post-delivery weakness, improve long-term immunity, and reduce the risk of post-delivery infection. It helps in supporting milk production and even speeds up mental and physical recovery.
The all-natural formula for the chyawanprash benefits the mother and the baby with no known side effects when consumed in the recommended dosage.
While ayurvedic chyawanprash has extensive properties that offer health benefits to anyone who eats it regularly, there are certain situations in which you should avoid eating Chyawanprash:
- High acidic urine
- Nocturnal emission
- Slow digestion process
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Abdominal gas
- Chronic constipation
- Loose stool
Chapter 5: Which Chyawanprash Should You Choose?
Now that you know about the many chyawanprash benefits, and how it can help in different body conditions, it is time we discuss one of the most crucial factors of investing in one, the cost.
While a lot of chyawanprash brands in India sell it at an affordable cost, they are not suitable for every condition, especially diabetes, as they contain more than 60% sugar. That much sugar makes traditional Chyawanprash unsuitable for diabetics!
So, it is important that you choose the chyawanprash that fits your and your family’s needs while fitting your budget. In order to fit the needs of every person of your home, our team of expert doctors at Dr. Vaidya’s has formulated a wide range of options for a new-age Chyawanprash.
Let us learn about the many Dr Vaidya’s chyawanprash benefits:
- MyPrash by Dr. Vaidya’s is created in a GMP certified facility
- The formula is gluten-free and allergen-free
- Dr Vaidya’s chyawanprash uses only 100% natural flavours and no colour, so you get only the best chyawanprash for immunity and stamina with no artificial ingredients
- All our ingredients are quality tested and sustainably sourced
- All the MyPrash products are low in sugar, with MyPrash for Diabetes available in the sugar-free form
- You can easily buy our Chyawanprash online for an affordable cost
- Our products are manufactured in small batches, ensuring that you get the best health benefits in a single formulation
- The best part is, if you do not like our product or do not see it working for you after purchasing, we offer a refund, no questions asked
Now, let us learn in detail about the different products available and chyawanprash price for each:
Created with 44 sustainably sourced ingredients as per the classical ayurvedic process, the chyawanprash benefits you by boosting immunity, respiratory health, energy levels and digestive health. The MyPrash for Daily Health contains fresh Amla, Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Pippali, and Tvak. Some of the top features include:
- It is low in sugar
- Rich in Vitamin C because of the fresh Amla pulp
- Best chyawanprash for cold and cough as it boosts respiration and immunity
- Rich in antioxidants
- 100% vegetarian
- Contains 100% raw honey, 100% hand-churned cow’s ghee
- Has anti-ageing properties
- Can be consumed by all ages
|1 kg||INR 599|
Specially formulated for diabetes care, the chyawanprash sugar free formula helps you in boosting immunity along with regulating your blood sugar levels. It is created with 51 ingredients including blood sugar-controlling herbs like Gudmar, Arjun, Jamun, Shilajit, and Rajat (silver) bhasma.
It also helps boost lipid metabolism and help prevent excess fat accumulation in the body, making it a great chyawanprash for weight loss. Let us learn about the features and benefits of the chyawanprash for diabetics.
- It helps regulate sugar levels
- It helps in protecting the eyes, kidneys, and the nervous system
- You can use it to fight seasonal infections like cough and cold
- It is suitable for consumption of all ages
- It helps minimize the recurrence of infections and allergies by building long-term immunity
Sugar-Free Chyawanprash Price:
MyPrash for Post Delivery Care
Created for post delivery care, this sugar-free product contains more than 50 ayurvedic ingredients, including with Dashamool, Devdaru, Shatavari, and Gokshura. These help in strengthening immunity and boost post-pregnancy uterine health recovery.
Let us read about some of the features of the MyPrash for post-pregnancy care:
- It reduces post-delivery weakness and fatigue
- It helps support milk production
- Created with all-natural ingredients with no known side effects
- 100% vegetarian and gluten-free
- Helps speed up mental and physical recovery
Chakaash – Immunity Booster Chyawanprash Toffee
If you are not a fan of the regular chyawanprash because of its bitter taste, we have got you covered! Packed with 20+ essential herbs that boost your immunity and energy, the Chakaash toffee is easy to eat and contains low sugar.
Let us learn about it in detail:
- 1 toffee contains only 2g of sugar as compared to 5-7g of sugar in 1 spoon of traditional Chyawanprash
- It helps in improving appetite and digestion
- It is FDA approved, ISO certified and GMP certified
- It is created with 100% natural ingredients
- Some of the ingredients include Amla, Dhania, Kesar, Lavang, etc
- Eat 1 or 2 Chakaash daily and you are good to go!
|Pack of 1 (50 toffees)||INR 100|
|Pack of 2 (100 toffees)||INR 200|
If you do not want the overwhelming sugar content of regular chyawanprash but the power of most of the herbs in it, Chyawan Tabs are made just for you. With 43 powerful herbs and zero sugar, these tablets are known to build long term immunity while supercharging your overall health and wellbeing.
Let us learn about them in detail:
- It fights and prevents the recurrence of infections
- Ingredients like Amla, Pippali, etc help in improving digestion
- It boosts stamina and energy level
- It is 100% sugar-free
- Manufactured in GMP certified unit
- Has no known side effects
Chyawan Tabs Price:
|Pack of 1||INR 200|
|Pack of 2||INR 400|
Do you wish to enjoy the health benefits of chyawanprash but don’t want the mess that comes with it?
Buy the Chyawan Tabs with Goodness of Chyawanprash Now and Enjoy Good Health On the Go!
Chapter 6: Chyawanprash Dosage & Consumption
Chyawanprash has been known to provide health benefits to everyone who consumes it regularly all year long. The dosage may vary depending on the person, age, body strength, and even health conditions. Most people consume Chyawanprash in winter or flu seasons, with the misconception that chyawanprash produces heat in the body. However, you can also eat chyawanprash for summer or any other season as well. It will help you maintain your vitamins in the body and work as an ayurvedic immunity booster. The premium herbs in chyawanprash ensure that you and your entire family enjoy its benefits all year long.
To ensure that you make the best use of chyawanprash, follow these consumption guidelines:
- Children over the age of 4- 1 tsp
- Adults- 2tsp
- Adults with diabetes- 2tsp with cold milk
- New Mothers (after 14 days of delivery)- 2tsp with warm milk
You should consume organic chyawanprash on an empty stomach in the morning or an hour before the meals. It can be consume with warm milk as the soothing combination to help prevent flu or cold. You can also have cold milk with the chyawanprash for summers.
With the coronavirus pandemic, it is very important that we maintain our and our family’s immunity while staying indoors. Buy the Best Chyawanprash for Immunity Now!
That was all about the chyawanprash benefits, types of chyawanprash that suit different bodily requirements, and best consumption methods. The age-old formulation has time and again proven itself to be a great source of energy, immunity, and good health.
When chyawanprash is created traditionally, using the purest herbs, honey, and desi ghee, it ensures that you get the most benefit from it. We, at Dr. Vaidya’s, believe in bringing the traditional Ayurved to the modern world in the best way possible. Try our wide range of MyPrash products that are beneficial for everyone at your home.
Chapter 7: FAQs
1. Is it good to eat Chyawanprash daily?
Chyawanprash health benefits like rejuvenated skin cells and revitalised bodily functions make it a great choice for starting your day on a positive note. Daily doses of Chyawanprash will boost your overall body endurance and is also helpful in realising your weight loss goals.
2. Is Chyawanprash harmful?
Ayurvedic Chyawanprash is prepared with 50+ completely natural ingredients guided by the classic ayurvedic teachings. Unlike generic chyawanprash, a high-quality ayurvedic chyawanprash does not have excessive metal content that can harm the body in long term. Hence, it has no known side effects and does not cause harm to the body when consumed for a long time.
3. Can we eat Chyawanprash twice a day?
Chyawanprash benefits most when eaten twice a day in regulated quantities as per your age group and health conditions.
4. Is chyawanprash good for bodybuilding?
Chyawanprash increases your body’s endurance levels and is great for strengthening your tissues and muscle fibres. Chyawanprash benefits your bodybuilding goals by increasing the protein synthesis in your body which helps in growing stronger muscle masses.
5. Does chyawanprash increase immunity?
Chyawanprash is an ayurvedic immunity booster that improves physical strength and ensures immunity from the common cold and flu.
6. Can I eat chyawanprash on an empty stomach?
Yes, Chyawanprash can be eaten on an empty stomach but ensure to take it with milk. That’s because chyawanprash has Ushna (heat/hot) quality, which is soothed by milk.
7. Does Chyawanprash slow down ageing?
Chyawanprash has regenerative qualities that facilitate the process of tissue repair. It also comprises antioxidants that prevent recurring cellular damage and thereby reduce the ageing process.
8. Does chyawanprash cure fever?
Chyawanprash is made up of numerous antioxidant and antimicrobial natural herbs that are very effective in reducing the symptoms of fever.