Digestive Remedies for Liver and Skin
by Dr. Surya Bhagwati on Jun 13, 2018
The liver and the skin of a person are the most important and also the most sensitive organs of the human body. Although the skin has a single job of covering the whole body, its importance runs much deeper than that and hence maintaining its health is of utmost importance. The liver is the largest organ in the body and has a multitude of responsibilities including detoxification and metabolism of food. It removes the harmful toxins and chemicals that inadvertently get combined with the food we eat. The liver also has to perform cleansing functions of the body along with protein synthesis.
The liver and the skin of a person are prone to a lot of wear and tear due to our unhealthy lifestyles. Junk food, lack of sleep, stress and over toxification play havoc with our digestive system and finally our skin and liver have to pay the price for our carelessness. To get relief instantly you can take ayurvedic medicine for liver.
Below are some easy and healthy digestive remedies for the liver and skin:
Digestive remedies for liver:
- Onions and garlic: Onion and garlic have an abundance of Choline, a soluble compound which in the prevention of fat deposition in the liver. They also contain Methionine, an amino acid present in proteins whose responsibility is to protect the liver and help to flush out the toxins through the urine.
- Radish for improved digestion: Digestion can be improved with the intake of radish. Radish has sulfur-based chemicals in it which aids in the proper functioning of the liver. It also contains Diastase, an enzyme used by the liver to digest starches in the food consumed by an individual.
- Intake of food high in fiber: Fiber has a very important role to play in the digestion of food in our body and hence improves the functioning of the liver. The large intestine in our body secretes bile during digestion which gets attached to the fiber and is then transported out of the body along with other fatty toxins. Fiber can be found in high quantity in cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower and fruits like pears and oranges.
- Increased intake of detoxifying foods: Pomegranate, green tea, turmeric, yogurt etc are detoxifying agents that help to detox the liver which eventually helps in digestion.
Digestive remedies for the skin:
- Avoid sugar, gluten, soy, and dairy: Sugar, gluten, soy and dairy products are sensitive foods that usually cause intestinal inflammation. This can have an adverse effect on the gut thus affecting the digestion process. Avoiding the intake of these foods, at least for a short while, can have the favourable effect on your skin.
- Cultivate a habit of probiotic intake daily: Probiotics contain the good bacteria essential for one’s gut and thus helps to improve digestion. Daily intake of a probiotic supplement can go a long way in rejuvenating one’s skin.
- Aid digestion with raw apple cider vinegar: Apple Cider Vinegar is the most natural digestive aid, which not only helps the body naturally digest the food but also supports the growth of the good bacteria, which keeps your gut healthy. For better skin, you can avail our ayurvedic skin care products online.
- If necessary consume digestive enzymes: Usually the human body is capable of producing digestive enzymes naturally. But in case, due to some reason, the production of digestive enzymes is less or none in an individual they can always resort to artificial digestive enzymes (this should only be done in consultation with a doctor)
LIVitup Ayurvedic Liver Protector
Living a healthy lifestyle with a lot of exercises and healthy food intake goes a long way toward improving the health of your liver as well as your skin. At Dr. Vaidya’s we understand the importance of the liver as the ‘father organ’ of the body and thus, recommend consumption of LIVitup, the best ayurvedic medicine for liver, skin and digestive ailments. The organ is important for detoxification of the body and protecting the liver and the cells in its lining are critical to good health. For liver ailments including liver cirrhosis and fatty liver disorder as well as skin and digestive ailments, consumption of LIVitup (Your Ayurvedic Liver Protector) on a daily basis can be extremely helpful.
Disclaimer: The above-suggested remedies must be strictly followed at one's discretion and the advice of your doctor. If the symptoms of damage to liver or skin increase it is advised to visit your doctor at the earliest.
Authored by: Dr. (Mrs.) Surya Bhagwati (BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, and DHBTC), 25+ years experience in Ayurved