Self-Pleasure: Learn the Art of Self Pleasure for Sexual Satisfaction
Published on Sep 20, 2022
By Dr. Surya Bhagwati
Chief In- House Doctor
BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, DHBTC | 30+ Years of Experience
Today we speak of self-love. But, are we open to the idea of self sexual pleasure? When sex itself is a topic that many people are uncomfortable about, self-pleasure becomes a matter that is beyond understanding. But, the health benefits of pleasing oneself are extensive, and it's the best way to learn more about your body and give yourself permission to explore.
Let's know what self pleasure actually means:
Self-Pleasure, AKA Masturbation
The sexual stimulation of one's own genitals for sexual arousal or other sexual pleasure, usually to the point of orgasm. Apart from providing pleasure, it releases toxins and helps you learn about your own body parts and the amount of time you need to get your orgasm.
What are the different types of Masturbation?
Here is a list of the most common types of masturbation and the typical sensations associated with each. Remember, though, that this will be different for each person.
Orgasms are frequently felt on the surface of the body, as a tingling sensation along the skin, and in the brain.
These orgasms are typically accompanied by pulsations of the vaginal canal walls and occur deeper in the body. When the G-spot, a specific location around 2 inches within the front vaginal wall, is stimulated, orgasm may occur.
During anal orgasm, you will predominantly feel muscle contractions in the anal canal and surrounding the anal sphincter. (But not within the vagina)
Combo or blended:
When the vagina and clitoris are stimulated simultaneously, the orgasm is typically more explosive. Occasionally, these combination orgasms are accompanied by full-body tremors and shakes.
Kissing and playing with lesser-known erogenous body areas (ears, nipples, neck, elbows, knees, etc.) can provide a delightful release. Some individuals describe the subsequent orgasm as being more full-body than earlier orgasms.
Convulsing orgasms are orgasms that result in rapid convulsions of the pelvic floor muscles. Typically, these orgasms occur after a lengthy buildup. This can be accomplished by continuously edging yourself (coming close to orgasm without going over).
How to Masturbate for Self-Pleasure?
There are different ways to masturbate or enjoy self stimulation, and the ways differ based on your sex.
For males, there are many popular ways to masturbate, such as hand masturbation, which is done by stroking the penis manually, and free masturbation, which involves using both hands to stimulate the genital organs. Some people add lube for more pleasure and ease. Men also use sex toys like fleshlights or strokers to make masturbation more fun. Prostate stimulation toys such as butt plugs, anal beads, and prostate massagers are popular ways to stimulate the male G-spot.
When it comes to women having an orgasm, they can get pleasure from using vibrators or some other sex toys. But the most common way still remains to be fingers, which are inserted into the vagina, so this is why fingers are a woman's best friend.
For heightened pleasure men can try various Ayurvedic sexual wellness products; they are natural and free from side effects.
Self Pleasure for Men - Benefits:
- Experts believe that masturbation can improve your sexual performance in bed because the more you have sex with yourself, the more confident you will become and know what your body is capable of.
- No matter what anyone says, the fact remains that masturbation is a good way to relieve stress and help you relax before bed.
- There is also a theory that people who masturbate regularly have better control over their orgasms. It may or may not be true, but masturbation surely teaches you lots of ways to experience orgasm and gain knowledge about your strength and timing.
- Masturbation helps you understand your sexual needs and what kind of sex makes you feel the best.
- Masturbation helps to release pent-up sexual energy, get rid of stress, and, perhaps most importantly, feel closer and more intimate with yourself.
Women Self-Pleasure - Benefits:
Some of the female masturbation benefits include:
- Having an orgasm increases the blood flow and oxygen to your entire body.
- Masturbation can actually improve your sex life with a partner, simply because you know your body better than anyone else. That way, when you have sex with a partner, you'll be better able to recognize the signs of orgasm and know how to increase the likelihood of having one.
- Masturbation aids in vaginal lubrication, which can help make sex with a partner more comfortable.
- It also helps to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles, which can boost your libido and help you to achieve orgasm.
- Masturbation provides relief from stress and calms frustration related to menstrual cramps.
Tips to enhance your feeling of self-pleasure
Masturbation does not necessarily result in orgasm. But if you're in the mood and want to attain the Big O, there are a few things you may do:
Set a mood:
The environment can sometimes have a significant impact on the quality of a solo session. Think about turning down the lights, lighting some candles, and listening to calming music to get the mood going.
Add some lubricant:
When aroused, the body lubricates itself, making masturbation a more smoother and more pleasurable experience. Occasionally, though, that may not be sufficient (or it may not occur at all!). So keep a tube of lubrication on available to maximize your pleasure. Shop for lubricant immediately.
Let your mind wander:
It may go without saying, but you may turn yourself on by simply thinking about that hottie you met last week. Let your imagination wander to persons or circumstances that send shivers down your spine.
Take your time:
You need not rush masturbation. Experiment with techniques and savour the sensations you're experiencing throughout your entire body.
Explore erogenous zones:
Playing with your erogenous zones, such as your nipples, ears, and thighs, can ignite pleasure throughout your entire body.
Give your usual sex toys a rest:
Vibrators and dildos are quite entertaining, but they are not the only sex toys available. Some individuals enjoy stimulating themselves by using a showerhead on their clitoris or stroking their vulva on a pillow, for instance.
Think about erotica and pornography:
It's entertaining to let your thoughts roam, but imagination is not always necessary. If you want to ratchet up the heat, read or watch a racy book or film.
While there are downsides of excessive masturbation, healhty self-pleasure can do wonders to your mental, physical, and sexual wellness. This applies to men as well as women.
FAQs about self-pleasure
1. Is Self-Pleasure Healthy?
Many young men and women want to know ‘Is masturbation healthy’? Millions of men and women self-please every day and have no trouble doing so. No studies indicate that masturbation causes any physical or mental problems. Just remember don't masturbate in excess as it can make you feel exhausted.
2. What are the side effects of masturbation?
There are no side effects of masturbation. But if you do it in excess, it can cause pain, irritation, and exhaustion.
3. How to get Self Pleasure?
To experience more pleasure from masturbation, first you have to relax and focus on what feels good to you. Try new ways of touching yourself, such as stroking different parts of your genitals and erogenous zones. Use sex toys to enhance the sensation.
4. Why do men feel exhausted after masturbation?
If a man ejaculates after masturbation, his body may experience some level of exhaustion afterwards because of the tension that he has been holding in his body. But, it's temporary and gives the body time to recover just like our body does after a workout.
5. Can Self-Pleasure lead to delayed periods?
No, masturbation or self pleasure cannot delay periods or menstruation. Masturbation has no effect on a woman's period or on the length of her cycle; there is no truth to this myth.