How to Increase Stamina in Bed Without Pills?
Published on Mar 31, 2022
By Dr. Surya Bhagwati
Chief In- House Doctor
BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, DHBTC | 30+ Years of Experience
Most men are able only last around six minutes before orgasm without the use of the little blue pill. In this article, we explore several effective ways to answer the question ‘How to increase stamina in bed without pills?’
Allopathy with its pills and Ayurveda with its herbs have helped men deal with poor stamina in bed. But the well-documented side effects of Viagra and other similar products can prevent you from truly enjoying your enhanced sexual prowess.
Ayurveda on the other hand, tackles the problem on three fronts, through the right diet (aahar), lifestyle (vihaar), and medication (chikitsha):
- Aahar recommendations can give you a list of the right foods to improve stamina. An effective diet can help your body build a strong foundation to be sexually fit.
- Vihaar recommendations can give you access to a list of exercises and yoga to increase stamina and strengthen your physical prowess. They help strengthen your muscles, improve endurance, and promote sexual performance.
- Chikitsha recommendations can give you a better understanding of herbs and ayurvedic medicine for sexual stamina. Taking these sex boosters can help give you a herbal and ayurvedic way to naturally boost sexual stamina.
Before jumping to the recommendations and home remedies to last longer in bed, let’s get a better understanding of sexual stamina.
In this article:
Chapter 1: What is Sexual Stamina?
Stamina is your ability to perform an activity for a long period without getting tired. In sex, stamina is commonly referred to as sexual stamina and is defined as the time it takes for you to orgasm during sex.
How long should sex last?
Most men overestimate their sexual stamina by up to half of the actual time to orgasm. Studies have found that most men last an average of 6 minutes before ejaculation. This can range from 6 seconds to 53 minutes. But the majority of men out there ejaculate after 4 to 11 minutes of sex.
For women, it can take quite a bit longer with 20 minutes to reach orgasm during penetrative sex. Studies have found that only 50% of women orgasm during sex. This is also why there is such an ‘orgasm gap’ between men and women.
What can Affect the Duration of Sex?
Here are the main factors that affect sexual stamina in men:
- Early ejaculation or orgasm during sex is the main cause of poor sexual stamina. This is also why many of the home remedies to last longer in bed focus on delaying orgasms.
- Premature Ejaculation (PE) is a condition that can force men to ejaculate too quickly to bring satisfaction to both partners. Ayurvedic treatments for PE can help improve ejaculatory control and help you last longer in bed.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED) is a disorder that causes your erections to go soft during sex, disrupting your sexual stamina. Ayurvedic herbs for stamina in bed can help improve blood flow to the penis, improving sexual stamina and performance.
- Being physically exhausted with fatigue can make it hard for you to be sexually fit. Getting enough rest and taking stamina-boosting herbs like Ashwagandha and Shatavari can help here.
- Stress, depression, anxiety, and other mental factors can dim your performance with poor sexual stamina. Meditation, yoga, and talking to your partner can help with conquering the mental barriers for better sex.
The aahar, vihaar, and chikitsha recommendations can help combat these factors that affect your sexual stamina, performance, and satisfaction.
Key Reasons for Low Stamina in Bed
Here are the most common causes of poor stamina in bed:
- Illnesses can disrupt your body’s regular functions and cause fatigue and weakness while lowering stamina.
- Poor self-confidence can cause stress and performance anxiety, causing men to not last long in bed.
- Depression is known to lower testosterone levels while dampening sex drive and stamina.
- Poor lifestyle choices like eating junk foods and leading a sedentary lifestyle can cause a decline in sexual stamina.
- Abusing drugs or alcohol can cause harmful problems to your health and wellbeing, including hormonal imbalance, vascular problems, and weak stamina in bed.
After understanding the importance of sexual stamina and the causes of low stamina in bed, let’s jump to the aahar recommendations for how to increase stamina in bed without pills.
Chapter 2: Nutrients Required to Increase Sex Drive
Choosing the best diet can help you increase your sexual stamina by leaps and bounds. These foods and drinks can help your body gain the nutrients and minerals that support a sexually fit physique.
Foods to Increase Stamina in Bed
Here is a list of foods that boost sex drive, power, and stamina in bed.
1) Brown Rice
This whole grain rice is without the inedible rice husk. However, unlike white rice, brown rice keeps the bran and germ layer, which is why it has that brown colour. When compared to white rice, brown rice contains less starch while being richer in magnesium, fibre, and other nutrients. It’s a list of benefits that include keeping you full all day while providing you with a steady stream of energy.
Recipe Suggestion: Cooking brown rice is no different from white rice. Eating it is the same as well. So, just replace your white rice with brown rice in your regular diet for a healthier and stamina-boosting meal.
Well-known amongst gym-goers, bananas are rich in potassium, complex carbs, and Vitamin B6. It’s these nutrients that make banana a perfect stamina-booster. Along with a boost in energy levels, it’s also a natural source of Vitamin C, helping to protect your body from free radicals while strengthening your immunity.
Recipe Suggestion: Start your day with oats in a bowl of warm milk. Add sliced bananas and some honey for sweetness. You will love this new quick and easy breakfast idea.
3) Green Leafy Vegetables
Foods to increase stamina have to include green leafy veggies because they provide a lot of health benefits. Greens are a good source of fibre, iron, vitamins, and micronutrients that help combat iron deficiency symptoms while promoting stamina. Other benefits of green leafy vegetables include a boost in blood circulation, red blood cell count, and oxygen supply.
Recipe Suggestion: Sarson Ka Saag is a great way to enjoy your greens which can be eaten with roti or rice.
4) Sweet Potatoes
When it comes to a simple, tasty, and filling snack, you cannot go wrong with sweet potatoes. They contain a lot of nutrients like Vitamin A, fibre, complex carbs, and manganese. Sweet potatoes make for a great start to your day as they give you plenty of energy to keep your stamina charged throughout the day.
Recipe Suggestion: Sweet potato curry with some steamed rice can fill up your stomach as well as your sex drive.
Chickpeas, Chana dal, Moong dal, and the many other types of lentils are a great way to boost your energy levels and stamina. Lentils have high levels of iron, manganese, protein, and folate, making them a healthy choice for Indian meals.
Recipe Suggestion: You should try Methi Dal Tadka (Yellow lentil curry with fresh Fenugreek) along with the steamed brown rice.
There are a few fruits that will help boost your sexual stamina, with watermelon, beets, apples, and pomegranates being the most popular. Apples have a lot of natural sugar and fibre, giving you a slow but sustained supply of energy throughout the day. Pomegranates can help regulate blood pressure while promoting heart health and stamina.
Recipe Suggestion: You can enjoy eating your favourite fruits whenever you like. But it’s better to avoid eating them before bed as they are digested slowly, which can disrupt your quality sleep.
7) Nuts and Dry Fruits
Dates, flax seeds, figs, sesame seeds, and pumpkin seeds are nuts and dry fruits that are great at boosting energy and stamina levels. They are rich in carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats.
Recipe Suggestion: You can eat them as is or make a delicious dry fruits cake.
Drinks to Increase Sexual Stamina
1) Amla Juice
This juice brings the many health benefits of amla, including its high concentration of Vitamin C and a natural boost to your immunity. Along with sexual stamina, drinking Amla juice can help promote detoxification, digestion, and energy levels.
2) Beetroot Juice
Beetroot contains manganese, iron, sodium, zinc, and magnesium to help energize your body and strengthen it from the inside out. Men can drink the ABC juice (apple, beetroot, and carrot) to help them get sexually fit.
3) Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe vera is a great hydrator that not just works for the skin but also for the entire body. This juice is also known to increase sex drive and energy levels during sex, making it a perfect answer to how to increase stamina without pills.
Ever wondered why newlyweds are given milk on their wedding night? Well, it’s because milk helps increase sex drive and sexual stamina. It’s an effective way to boost energy levels and benefit from its nutrients. That said, if you are lactose intolerant, you should consider juices to elevate sexual stamina and endurance.
5) Pomegranate Juice
Eating pomegranates is not the only way to enjoy the health benefits of this sweet fruit. Drinking pomegranate juice can help improve blood flow to the penile region. It can also boost antioxidant levels and improve stamina, as well as overall health.
6) Watermelon Juice
Watermelons are a great source of L-citrulline, an amino acid that’s known to boost blood flow and widen blood vessels, improving erection health. Drinking watermelon juice can help improve blood flow to the penis and allows you to last longer in bed.
7) Banana Milkshake
A banana shake is a great way to boost your sexual stamina, energy, and performance. And the fact that this drink contains both bananas and milk can give your body a more powerful boost to its stamina.
Did you know that cooking for your partner is one of the best tips for foreplay you can try? Just the effort you put into the meal will show your feelings, making it a great aphrodisiac.
After the aahar recommendations on how to increase stamina in bed without pills, let's move on to the vihaar recommendations with exercises to increase stamina.
Chapter 3: How to Stay Sexually Fit?
To be sexually fit and active, your body needs to have the right flexibility and physical stamina. If you find yourself wheezing or cramping during sex, you need to start exercising and yoga. The good news here is that, with just a moderate amount of consistent exercising, you can see visible results quickly.
Exercises to Increase Stamina in Bed
When it comes to boosting your sexual stamina, body strength and flexibility play a major part in sexual performance.
Exercises to Improve Muscle Strength
Stronger muscles equate to having more confidence in your physical prowess.
Here are some exercises for muscle strength based on the muscle type:
- Biceps: Bicep curls, bent-over row, and chin-ups
- Triceps: Triceps extension, triceps pull (or push) down, and bench press
- Pectorals (chest): Bench press, push-ups, and chest dips
- Abdominals (abs): Planks, sit-ups, and high knees
- Lower back: Lying lateral leg raise, bridges, and superman extensions
- Pelvic floor: Kegels, bridges, and squats
- Glutes (butt): Squats, hip extensions, and weighted lunges
- Quads and hamstrings: Lunges, leg press, and step-ups
Exercises to Improve Flexibility in Bed
If you can’t move with the right flow during sex, you’re going to disrupt the mood. And worse, maybe even pull a muscle while showing off.
Here are a few exercises that will help you be more flexible and sexually fit:
- Triceps stretch for your triceps, shoulders, neck, and back
- Standing hamstring stretch for your neck, back, butt, calves, and hamstrings
- Reclining bound angle pose for your hips, groin, and inner thigh
- Lunge with a spinal twist for your back, quads, and hip flexors
If you were wondering ‘Does masturbation decrease stamina’ Ayurveda suggests masturbation does lower sex time by causing weakness, fatigue, and a decline in sexual power.
Exercises to Maintain a Steady Breath during Sex
There’s nothing sexy about running out of breath as you are going at it with your partner. So, focusing on your breathing can help you keep a steady breath during sex.
Focus on breathing in a deep and steady rhythm. This will help get the oxygenated blood to the penis, helping you stay hard while improving your sensation.
Here are some recommendations for improving your breathing technique for better sex:
- Take deep, steady breaths that may also help improve your orgasms
- Try to engage your pelvic floor muscles while breathing
- Focus on your groin as you breathe as this can help heighten your sensations during sex
- Breathe through the nose as this lets more air into the lungs
- Take calm breathes as though you are in full control of the situation
These recommendations can improve your breathing and help you improve your sexual stamina and performance.
BONUS: Tongue Strengthening Exercise
If you want to last longer in bed and improve your sexual stamina, you will need to consider oral sex as a great tool. Oral sex is one of the best tips for foreplay to help increase sex time for men.
Here are a couple of exercises for a stronger tongue game:
- Tongue pull-back: Start by sticking out your tongue from your mouth, then pulling it back. Hold it here for 2 seconds before repeating it 5 times.
- Tongue push-up: Start by pushing the bottom tip of your tongue on the roof of the mouth as hard as you can. Repeat it 5-10 times.
Exercising isn't the only solution for ‘how to increase stamina in bed without pills?’ Yoga is an integral part of Ayurveda that can help boost stamina in bed.
Yoga to Increase Stamina in Bed
There are plenty of yoga asanas for sexual health and wellbeing. But at its core, yoga helps realign your body and mind in a way that lets your mind synchronize with your body’s wants and needs. Better understanding between your mind and body can result in better control and performance.
How to last long in bed with yoga? Well, here are the top 3 yoga asanas for better stamina for men:
1) Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Paschimottanasana helps strengthen your perennial muscles while improving blood flow to the penis. This pose can help delay your orgasms for longer-lasting sex.
Here’s how you perform Paschimottanasana:
1. Sit upright on the floor with your feet extended and hands up
2. Slowly bend forward and touch your chin to your shins
3. Continue bending forward until you can hold your feet while taking steady breaths
4. Release your grip and slowly come back up to complete this yoga asana
2) Kumbhakasana (Plank Pose)
The plank is the simplest yoga asana you can do but is one of the most difficult ones to hold. The benefit of this pose is that it helps engage your core while strengthening the upper body muscles. It’s also known to help improve your willpower, stamina, and endurance.
Here’s how you perform Kumbhakasana:
1. Start by kneeling on the floor with your hands on your thighs
2. Bend forward to place your hands in front of you and raise the buttocks
3. Slide your feet back and raise the knees while keeping the spine straight
4. Breath slowly and steadily while holding this position for as long as possible
5. Relax your core with your knees down to complete this yoga asana
3) Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
The Dhanurasana helps your body flex to the shape of a bow. This asana is one of the best premature ejaculation exercises that help with poor blood flow and erectile dysfunction. The benefits of this asana include boosting your stamina, endurance, and flexibility.
Here’s how you perform Dhanurasana:
1. Lie on your stomach with your arms to the side and feet apart
2. Move your hands backwards as you bend the knees to grab your ankles
3. Breath in as you pull your legs up and lift your chest off the ground
4. Take long, deep breaths as you hold this yoga asana for 15-20 seconds before gently bringing the legs and chest down
It's no secret that stress can have a negative impact on your health, but did you know that it can also take a toll on your sexual health? That's right, stress can lead to problems with erectile dysfunction and low libido.
Fortunately, there are things you can do to reduce your stress and improve your sexual health. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your overall health. Taking some time for yourself each day to relax and de-stress is also important.
In addition, there are certain supplements that can help to reduce stress and improve sexual function. You can try Dr. Vaidya’s Herbo 24 Turbo for Stress Relief for sexual problems arising out of high stress levels.
Masturbate for Stamina
It is a common belief that self-stimulation can help one last longer in bed. And it’s true! This is because when a person is aroused, the body releases chemicals that increase stamina and endurance.
Additionally, self-stimulation can help to control premature ejaculation. By masturbating before sex, men can train their bodies to better control their arousal levels and delay orgasm.
Start and Stop Technique
If you want to practise the start and stop technique for a longer time in bed, there are a few things you can do. First, start by masturbating as usual. When you feel yourself getting close to orgasm, stop and let your arousal level fall back down. This may take a few minutes. Once your arousal has decreased, start masturbating again. Repeat this process several times before allowing yourself to orgasm.
The key to making this work is to find the right balance of stimulation. If you stop too early, you'll just end up frustrated. But if you wait too long, your erection may start to fade.
Experiment and see what works best for you. With a little practice, you should be able to last much longer in bed using the start and stop technique.
Chapter 4: Can Ayurveda Help Increase Sexual Stamina?
Yoga and exercises can be an effective answer to ‘How to increase sex time for men without pills.’ But if you want the best results, Ayurveda has a few herbs that are clinically proven to improve stamina and performance in men.
Top Herbs to Improve Stamina in Bed
The ancient practice of Ayurveda has detailed several herbs and minerals that are capable of bringing balance to your doshas while stimulating your sexual stamina.
Here are 5 key herbs that help boost male stamina:
- Shilajit: This ayurvedic ingredient comes in Shilajit capsules or resin form. It’s extracted from the Himalayan mountains and is a thick black tar-like paste that is popular for its sexual endurance-boosting properties. There are plenty of known benefits of Shilajit for women and men. These include a boost in vigour, energy, and stamina while a decline in stress and anxiety levels.
- Ashwagandha: This herb is known for its ability to give you the strength and vitality of a horse. It can also improve stamina, energy levels, and endurance when taken in the right dosage. You can get Ashwagandha capsules as well as powders which can be taken with water or milk.
- Safed Musli: This herb can help strengthen your immune system while boosting energy, endurance, and stamina. The saponins in Safed Musli helps improve your overall health and well-being.
- Brahmi: This herb is most popular for its antioxidants that help eject toxins from the body. It also helps reduce stress levels, improves brain function, and calms the mind. If your sexual stamina is being affected by anxiety, Brahmi is a great way to boost your sexual performance.
- Shatavari: This ayurvedic herb has several health benefits, including a boost in stamina, energy, and endurance. Shatavari also strengthens immunity and reduces fatigue.
These herbs can be purchased from an Ayurvedic practitioner and should be only taken with the prescribed dosage. Alternatively, you can take ayurvedic medicines for sexual stamina.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Sexual Stamina in Bed
Ayurvedic medicines are specially formulated by Ayurvedic doctors to provide the same benefits as the herbs and come with no known side effects.
Here is a list of our recommended ayurvedic products that increase sex time:
Shilajit Gold contains Shuddha Shilajit and 95% Gold Bhasma as its key ingredients. This premium ayurvedic vitalizer for men can help boost your vigour and vitality with clinically proven herbs. Its list of benefits includes improving energy levels, stamina, endurance, and mood.
Shilajit Oil is an Ayurvedic oil that contains Shilajit, Kawach Beej and several other herbs and oils. This Ayurvedic power oil for men can help improve blood flow to the penis and help improve sexual stamina. It’s specially designed for men to help give you more power and stamina without the risk of side effects.
Mood Boost is the only one on this list that’s specially formulated for women. This ayurvedic vitality booster for women can help boost energy levels and stamina while improving their mood. With 11 ayurvedic herbs that make this formulation, Mood Boost can help improve hormonal balance while combating stress, anxiety, and weakness.
Herbo 24 TurboMade for Diabetes is an Ayurvedic revitalizer for men that contains 2110 powerful Ayurvedic ingredients. These ingredients work together to help boost testosterone production, resulting in enhanced power, strength, and stamina. They also contain herbs like Gudmar and Vijaysar which also help manage sugar levels and combat diabetes-related complications.
Herbo 24 Turbo for Stress Relief is an ayurvedic medicine designed to help men who are struggling with stress-related performance issues. Its unique formula contains 9 super herbs that have been carefully selected by expert doctors to provide the best possible results. This powerful combination of herbs helps to improve blood circulation, reduce stress levels, and increase energy levels, all of which are important for maintaining a healthy and active sex life.
Final Word on How to Increase Stamina in Bed Without Pills
Improving your stamina in bed is the best way of stepping up your bedroom game and is sure to satisfy your partner. However, you don’t have to resort to taking pills like Viagra to increase stamina and endurance.
Ayurveda provides you with the answer on ‘How to increase stamina in bed without pills?’, with the right diet, lifestyle, and medication recommendations to naturally boost sexual stamina.
Eating healthy foods to improve stamina will help strengthen your foundation and result in better gains in terms of sexual performance. The best exercises and yoga asanas can help make you sexually fit, being able to elevate your sex game and performance to the next level. To top this off, ayurvedic medicines like Herbo 24 Turbo are known to help men by increasing stamina in bed.
If you want to get the best results and take your sexual stamina to the next level, we suggest you follow the mentioned aahar, vihaar, and chikitsha suggestions in this article. You can also consult our expert doctors online to get a tailor-made treatment plan for your unique situation.
FAQs on How to Increase Stamina in Bed Without Pills
What should I eat to last longer in bed?
Sattvic foods, that are simple and light, can be great for your overall health and for lasting longer in bed. Foods that boost stamina include brown rice, lentils, leafy green vegetables, sweet potatoes, bananas, watermelon, apples, and other fruits.
How to last long in bed?
Eat the right foods, make the best lifestyle choices, and take the right medicines to naturally boost your sexual performance.
What can I drink to the last longer in bed naturally?
Aloe vera juice is the drink we recommend if you want to last longer in bed.
Why do I have low stamina in bed?
There may be several causes for your low stamina problem. These include illnesses, depression, poor self-confidence, or poor lifestyle choices. You should talk to one of our expert doctors to figure out the root cause of your lack of stamina and its ayurvedic solution.
Is 7 minutes good in bed?
Yes, 7 minutes of sex is just above average for men. Most men last between 4 and 11 minutes of intercourse before ejaculation. You can also follow some tips for foreplay to bring more passion and last longer in bed.
Does masturbation decrease stamina?
Yes, experts suggest that regularly masturbating can decrease sexual stamina.
Will increasing penis size help improve stamina?
No, increasing penis size is not known to improve sexual stamina.
Is sexual stamina different to sex drive?
Yes, sexual stamina is the ability to continue having sex for a prolonged period. On the other hand, sex drive is the desire to have sex.
How to increase sex time for men with Ayurveda?
Ayurveda suggests eating the right foods, exercising regularly, and trying Ayurvedic herbs and medicines for increased stamina in bed. The right foods to increase stamina like leafy greens, bananas, and dry fruits also help.
How long should sex last for men?
The average time to orgasm for men is 6 minutes and for women is 20 minutes. So, if you want to truly satisfy your partner, having an average performance may not be enough to help her reach the big ‘O’ during sex.
What are the effects of daily masturbation on sexual stamina?
The possible effects of daily masturbation include fatigue, weakness, and early ejaculation.
What are the best exercises to increase stamina for men?
Weight training, flexibility training, and yoga are all great exercises to increase stamina.
Why is my stamina so bad in bed?
There are several causes of poor sexual stamina including illness, depression, and poor lifestyle choices. To get a proper diagnosis, talk to your doctor about this problem.
Is Viagra safe for increasing stamina in bed?
Viagra (sildenafil) and similar pills give people a misconception of improving sexual stamina without consequence. However, the fact is that there are plenty of side effects of such allopathic medicines, including headaches, upset stomach, dizziness, and more.
Is it possible to increase stamina in bed without pills?
Yes, the right aahar (diet), vihaar (lifestyle choices), and chikitsha (medication) can help increase sex drive and stamina without pills like Viagra.
When to talk to a doctor?
You can talk to a doctor whenever you are comfortable taking a step forward in dealing with your situation.