Top 5 Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits For Women
Published on Feb 15, 2023
By Dr. Surya Bhagwati
Chief In-House Doctor
BAMS | 30+ Years of Experience
Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is considered a superfood that has a lot of potential health benefits for women. From balancing hormones and improving digestion to calming inflammation and aiding weight loss, this natural remedy can help improve your overall health. In this blog, we will read about the several apple cider vinegar benefits for women:
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a type of vinegar made from fermented apples. It's been around for centuries and has long been used in home remedies and cooking. The fermentation process that goes into making ACV creates probiotics and beneficial enzymes, giving it potential health benefits. ACV is also known for its acidic properties, making it a useful cleaning agent and preservative. Apple Cider Vinegar is known to impact all three doshas, vata, kapha and pitta. It is especially known to balance the Vata dosha, body element associated with air and space. There are several apple cider vinegar benefits for women and men who can use it regularly to improve their overall health.
Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Women
Apple cider vinegar is known to have a range of potential health benefits, including digestive support, boosting immunity, and reducing inflammation. Let us learn more about apple cider vinegar benefits for women:
1) ACV Benefits for Blood Sugar and Insulin
Women with diabetes or pre-diabetes can benefit from apple cider vinegar’s ability to reduce blood sugar and insulin levels after eating. Consuming ACV before meals has been shown to reduce insulin spikes in healthy people significantly. However, ACV should not be taken as an alternative to other medications prescribed by a doctor – it should only be used as a supplement.
2) Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss
One of the excellent apple cider vinegar benefits for women is its ability to promote weight loss. As per Ayurveda, an increase in weight is due to Ama, a toxin in our body due to poor digestion. ACV helps reduce Ama by increasing the pachak agni (digestive fire), which helps improve digestion and lose weight.
So, if you are trying to lose weight, you should consume ACV to enjoy the benefits of apple cider vinegar for weight loss. The acid lowers the glycemic index of meals, which reduces the drive for hunger after eating. This can also help reduce “middle” fat that accumulates around the waist area, assisting women in achieving a healthier and trimmer body shape.
Learn How To Lose Weight Naturally with These Easy Steps
3) Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits for Stomach
ACV helps increase pachak agni and directly supports your metabolism. Apple cider vinegar benefits for the stomach include an increased metabolic rate and prevention of gas and bloating. By boosting metabolic activity, ACV helps the body use energy more efficiently — leading to improved fat-burning over time. Since it is an antimicrobial substance, ACV helps kill bacteria in the stomach and intestines.
4) Benefits of Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar on Cholesterol and Heart
One of the apple cider vinegar benefits for women is that it regulates their cholesterol levels and improves their cardiovascular health. The high levels of pectin, a type of dietary fibre in ACV, can help lower bad cholesterol in the body while raising good cholesterol levels. Pectin combines with bile acids found in the digestive tract, reducing the absorption of LDL cholesterol into the bloodstream, thus lowering overall cholesterol levels.
Another benefit of drinking apple cider vinegar is that it may protect against damage from oxidation of cells caused by free radicals, which can significantly impact heart health and promote cardiovascular health for improved blood circulation throughout the body.
5) Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar on Face and Skin
Apple cider vinegar is known for its antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal properties, which can help treat numerous skin problems such as acne, eczema, psoriasis and even chickenpox. Additionally, benefits of apple cider vinegar on the face and skin include healing wounds and cuts while preventing possible infections.
When dealing with skin conditions or if you ever have a cut or wound, make sure to dilute ACV with water to reduce the risk of skin irritation. Applying diluted ACV on the affected area will help soothe inflammation and localised pain while fighting any bacteria that may cause infection.
Learn How to Make Your Skin More Glowing and Clear
Apple Cider Uses
Apple cider vinegar is extremely versatile, and there are numerous ways to incorporate it into meals. For regular apple cider use, you can consume 10 ml of ACV and dilute it with 100 ml of warm water. Consume twice daily on an empty stomach or 20 minutes before a meal.
However, you can also consume ACV for recreation and to improve the taste and quality of your food. You can enjoy apple cider benefits for women by trying it differently, depending on the desired effects.
- Simply adding some to your favourite recipes may enhance the flavour as an alternative to salt and other seasonings.
- you can also make compresses/poultices by soaking cloths with a diluted apple cider vinegar solution, ideal for topical application of its anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Try adding it to dressings, marinades, and sauces for an extra kick of flavour. In various recipes, Apple cider uses include replacing it with citrus juices like lime or lemon.
- It can also be added to drinks such as smoothies or teas for an immunity boost or incorporated into a refreshing sip spritzer.
Disadvantages of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is considered a superfood and barely contains any side effects. However, as we discussed earlier, it impacts vata, pitta and kapha dosha. While it calms the vat dosha, there are certain disadvantages of apple cider vinegar:
- It mildly impacts Kapha Dosha and is responsible for structural integrity and stability
- It aggravates the pitta dosha that governs all metabolic processes, including stomach and intestines and more. If your body has dominant pitta dosha, we recommend consuming ACV in a limited amount as it can lead to skin burns and ulcers. Not sure which dosha dominates your body? Take this simple quiz to find out now!
- Overconsuming anything can be harmful and lead to disadvantages of apple cider vinegar; we recommend only consuming ACV as per the suggested guidelines
- Finally, if you see any kind of side effects after consuming ACV, stop using it and consult your physician at the earliest
Dr. Surya Bhagwati
BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine, and Surgery)
Dr. Surya Bhagwati is an established, well-known Ayurvedic expert with over 30 years of experience in treating and consulting in the field of Ayurveda. She is known for the timely, efficient, and patient-centred delivery of quality health care. The patients under her care receive a unique holistic treatment comprising not only medicinal treatment but also spiritual empowerment.