Is It Safe To Use Vitamins For Kids? Guide On Important Vitamins For Your Child’s Good Health
Published on Feb 27, 2023
“90% of parenting is about curbing the urge to scream “starve” when kids won’t eat their foods”. - A struggling parent.
Parenting kids who are picky eaters is a great challenge. You’re constantly worried about your child’s eating habits, googling symptoms about silly things, understanding important vitamins enriched diet and thinking creative ways to make your child eat right.
We understand your pain! Hiding broccolis & karelas in cheese bread coatings, making spinach pancakes and avocado parathas are tricks we all try so they get the right vitamins and stay healthy.
Let’s break the ice as we tell you that it is possible to ensure your kid is staying healthy & strong with the important vitamins that will promote immune system & growth.
This article will tell you everything you need to know about the important vitamins for kids, whether your child may need them, and what is the best ayurvedic practice to provide the supply of the most important vitamin to your kids.
What are the Important Vitamins a child needs while growing up?
Growing children need a variety of vitamins and minerals to support their overall health and development. Ensuring & planning meals that are full of all the important vitamins will promise good health & boost your child’s immunity.
Here are some of the most important vitamins for children:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is essential for healthy eyesight, immune function, and skin health.
- B vitamins: B vitamins, including B1, B2, B6, and B12, are important for energy production, brain function, and nervous system health.
- Vitamin C: The importance of vitamin C as an essential nutrient that plays a vital role in many bodily functions. It is necessary for healthy skin, bones, connective tissues, and immune function.
- Vitamin D: The importance of vitamin D plays a primary role in bone health and immune function. It also helps the body absorb calcium from food. Today, a large percentage of kids face vitamin D deficiency. The primary source of Vitamin D is Sunlight. Try to provide early morning sunbath to your kid for good results.
In addition to these vitamins, children also need minerals like calcium, iron, and zinc to support healthy growth and development. It is important to ensure that you understand & remember the importance of Vitamin C, A and the importance of vitamin D in the long run. Try to help your child get all the important vitamins and minerals through a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods.
Protect your child from the lack of multivitamins in their diet
Speak to a paediatrician or one of Dr Vaidya's knowledgeable consultants if you have concerns about your child's intake of vitamins and minerals. If your child has any of the following, a mineral or vitamin supplement may be beneficial:
- Low dietary intake of vitamin D.
- A holdup in physical growth.
- A chronic illness.
- Low appetite.
- Frequent fever & lingering cough.
- Is a picky eater & has a limited or restrictive diet.
Secretly we all wish for a magic boon to feed all the foods enriched with important vitamins & minerals easily to our kids. Isnt it? Only if it were a cake-walk, the kids would run to.
A lack of multivitamins in a child's diet can lead to nutritional deficiencies, which can have various negative effects on their health and development. Some potential consequences of a lack of multivitamins include - Poor growth and development, increased risk of infections, anaemia, dental problems, and cognitive and behavioural issues.
It's vital to ensure that children get all the important vitamins and minerals they need through a balanced diet that includes a variety of nutrient-dense foods. If you have concerns about your child's nutrient intake, a multivitamin or other supplements may be beneficial.
But the parent in you cannot trust heavily marketed vitamins or gummies, right? We’ve got you covered!
The magic of Ayurvedic Immunity gummies for children’s health & immunity
Millennial parents have found the benefits of Immunity gummies highly effective. Children are willingly consuming gummies as easy-to-eat, flavourful candy.
If you’re concerned about relying on vitamin supplements for kids or gummies, choose Ayurvedic Chywan Gummies, which are the perfect partner to your kid’s vitamin supply.
These are made from 40 herbs of Chwyanprash and protect your child’s immunity systems by taking care of their appetite, respiratory health, immunity and digestion.
Ayurvedic Chywan gummies are prepared with Amla, Harada, Pippali, giloy, gokshur & more which are natural sources of Vitamin C, iron, and magnesium. Pippali also controls cough, releases mucus, and clears air passages that make kids immune from viral fever & cold.
For children who are picky eaters, these Immunity gummies are the best way to consume essential herbs that will keep your child’s immunity & respiratory health at par.
Is it safe to use Vitamins for Kids?
Yes, vitamins in the form of ayurvedic gummies are the safest option for your child.
Immunity gummies are a type of dietary supplement designed to support children's immune systems and overall health. These gummies typically contain a combination of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients for immune function, such as vitamin C and zinc.
However, there are a few general things to look for in good immunity gummies/ vitamins for kids:
- Age-appropriate dosages: Children require different amounts of nutrients at different ages, so it's important to choose a multivitamin formulated specifically for your child's age group.
- High-quality ingredients: Look for a multivitamin that uses high-quality, bioavailable nutrients that are easy for the body to absorb and utilise.
- No unnecessary additives: Avoid multivitamins that contain artificial colours, flavours, or preservatives, as well as high amounts of added sugar.
Supplements don’t take the place of having a well-balanced, nutritious diet. Continue to offer and encourage your child to eat healthy, wholesome foods.
The best vitamins for kids can vary depending on the child's specific needs and health conditions. So it's always recommended to consult a paediatrician before starting your child on any supplement regimen. But you can always trust natural ayurvedic gummies, which are a form of Chwyanprash, made from ingredients like Amla, grapes, harada, pippali, adulasa, giloy, twak, gokshur, tejapatra & more natural herbs.