Reasons for Fatigue
Published on Apr 25, 2023
By Dr. Surya Bhagwati
Chief In- House Doctor
BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, DHBTC | 30+ Years of Experience
In Ayurveda, fatigue is directly related to overuse or even misuse of our body and mind. Fatigue can be because of overworking but also due to mental struggles. There are many surprising reasons for fatigue that you might not have considered, from medical conditions to lifestyle habits. In this blog, we will discuss the different reasons why you may be always be feeling tired and how to overcome it using ayurveda:
What are the Reasons of Fatigue?
Fatigue is a common symptom of several conditions that can cause you to feel sudden tiredness during the day or all the time. Here are some of the reasons why you feel tired:
- Physical conditions
- Mental conditions
- Lifestyle factors
- Sexual conditions
- Dosha imbalance
Let us now discuss these reasons for fatigue in detail:
Physical Conditions Causing Fatigue
There are many physical conditions that can cause fatigue. Here are some of the most common reasons for feeling sleepy all the time
- Thyroid disorders
- Chronic pain
- Autoimmune diseases
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Heart failure
- Low vitamin
- Sleep apnea
If you are always feeling tired and fatigued, it’s important to talk to your doctor to rule out any underlying medical conditions that may be contributing to your exhaustion.
Mental Conditions Causing Fatigue
While physical conditions are often the first thing that comes to mind when thinking about fatigue, mental health conditions can also play a role. Conditions such as depression, anxiety, and stress can all contribute to feelings of exhaustion and sudden tiredness during the day. It’s important to address any mental health concerns with a healthcare professional to ensure proper treatment and management of symptoms.
Lifestyle Factors Causing Fatigue
Lifestyle factors can also contribute to reasons for fatigue. In today’s hectic lifestyle, it’s important to prioritize self-care and make healthy lifestyle choices to combat fatigue. Here are some of the lifestyle factors that can cause fatigue:
- Poor diet
- Lack of exercise
- Excessive alcohol or caffeine consumption
- Lack of sleep
- Being overweight or underweight
- Taking certain medications
Additionally, working long hours or not taking enough breaks throughout the day can lead to burnout and fatigue. So, it is important that you relax now and then.
Sexual Conditions that Cause Fatigue
A common reason for fatigue is poor sexual health, especially when you are struggling with it for a long time. Fatigue can impact your sexual life adversely so we recommend consulting a doctor when you deal with any of these conditions:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Sexual anxiety
- Sexual addiction
- Hormonal Imbalance
If you are dealing with fatigue or always feel tired that causes poor performance, we recommend consuming Shaljit Resin which is known to boost strength and stamina, and combat fatigue.
Reasons for Fatigue in Females
Along with the common reasons for fatigue, females can struggle with fatigue due to Fatigue is a common complaint among females and can be caused by a variety of factors. Hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle, pregnancy, and menopause can all be common reasons for fatigue in females.
In Ayurveda, fatigue can be caused by an imbalance in one or more of the three doshas. Each dosha governs different bodily functions and can become imbalanced due to various factors, such as stress, poor diet, and lack of exercise. Here's how dosha imbalances can contribute to fatigue:
- Vata Imbalance: When Vata dosha is imbalanced, it can cause fatigue due to excessive movement and instability, causing you to feel sudden tiredness during the day. Symptoms of Vata imbalance may include restlessness, anxiety, insomnia, and difficulty concentrating. Vata imbalances can be corrected by adopting a regular routine, eating warm, nourishing foods, and practising relaxation techniques such as meditation and yoga.
- Pitta Imbalance: When Pitta dosha is imbalanced, it can cause fatigue due to excessive heat and inflammation in the body. Symptoms of Pitta imbalance may include irritability, anger, insomnia, and difficulty relaxing. Pitta imbalances can be corrected by adopting a cooling diet, avoiding spicy and acidic foods, and practising relaxation techniques such as meditation and deep breathing.
- Kapha Imbalance: When Kapha dosha is imbalanced, it can cause fatigue due to sluggishness and stagnation in the body. Symptoms of Kapha imbalance may include lethargy, depression, weight gain, and difficulty getting motivated. It is a common reason for feeling sleepy all the time. Kapha imbalances can be corrected by adopting a lighter diet, engaging in regular exercise, and practising invigorating techniques such as vigorous yoga and deep breathing.
Home Remedies for Fatigue
Fatigue is a common symptom of many health conditions. If the cause is a chronic disease, in which case, we recommend consulting a doctor. In another case, fatigue can be managed by improving your lifestyle choices. Here are several home remedies for fatigue you can try:
- Get enough restful sleep: Aim to get at least 7-8 hours of sleep per night, and establish a regular sleep schedule to ensure restful sleep.
- Stay hydrated: Drink plenty of water and other hydrating fluids throughout the day to avoid dehydration, which can contribute to fatigue.
- Eat a balanced diet: Make sure to consume a healthy, balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean protein to provide your body with the energy it needs.
- Exercise regularly: A common reason for fatigue is poor physical health. You should engage in regular physical activity, such as brisk walking or yoga, to increase energy levels and reduce stress, which in turn reduces fatigue.
- Practice relaxation techniques: Try relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Take breaks: Take regular breaks throughout the day to rest and recharge, especially if you have a sedentary job.
- Try herbal remedies: Some herbal remedies, such as ginseng or ashwagandha, may help to alleviate fatigue. Stress Relief is a potent ayurvedic medicine for weakness and fatigue, as it helps reduce the symptoms of fatigue and helps improve your sleep and overall mental health.
There are many potential reasons for fatigue, including medical conditions, lifestyle factors, and mental health issues. If you are struggling with fatigue, it is important to speak with your healthcare provider to determine the underlying cause and develop an appropriate treatment plan.