Weight Loss Exercises at Home
Published on Apr 29, 2022
By Dr. Surya Bhagwati
Chief In- House Doctor
BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, DHBTC | 30+ Years of Experience
Nowadays, it is almost impossible to maintain a healthy and lean physique with the work-from-home lifestyle, ever-changing trends, and unhealthy diet options out there. The fad diets and crazy weight loss exercises at home, (picture beer yoga) can make it difficult for you to pick the best solution to fat loss.
Here at Dr. Vaidya’s, our expert doctors suggest you cut through this chaos and trust Ayurveda for weight loss instead. The science of Ayurveda has been around for thousands of years and every weight loss technique and fat loss medicine that’s available now has been time-tested for the best weight loss results.
With Ayurveda, practising healthy diets and weight loss exercises at home has never been easier. This health guide will solve the ultimate weight loss questions on diets and weight loss exercises at home, especially considering your unique body and mind.
In this article:
Chapter 1: Importance of Weight Loss & Exercises
A 2021 study has found that 40.3% of Indians are obese. According to WHO, obesity is an epidemic, excess body weight is the cause of a minimum of 2.8 million premature deaths every year, making it a leading cause of adult mortality worldwide.
Numerous other health issues stem from having an overweight/ obese body and poor diet;
- Increased risk of non-communicable diseases (NCDs). NCDs such as cardiovascular diseases/arrests, diabetes, hypertension, chronic respiratory diseases, high cholesterol levels and certain cancers.
- People who suffer from NCDs are more susceptible to COVID-19
- NCDs are unhealthy lifestyle diseases
- Higher risk of physical injuries
- Physical activities like running, and sports will need greater efforts
- Lethargy is a byproduct
- PCOS/PCOD disorders are found to be a common problem in obese women.
- Increase in inflammatory markers; inflammation that causes depression and weakens immune system health. People who carry excess weight can struggle with mental health disorders.
- Studies show that excess weighing adults have a 55% higher risk of developing depression compared to others
- Poor body image, society’s stigma and discrimination, underconfidence, and physiological issues
While there are many treatments you can go for, Ayurveda believes in solving problems at the root level. Weight loss exercises at home To lose weight, you need not just exercise, but a lifestyle change; identify your dosha, increase physical exercise, and eat a healthy diet. Ayurveda mentions the principle of Aahar (Food), Vihaar (Lifestyle) and Chikitsa (medication), which demonstrates how one can frame their lifestyle.
You can start step by step by adopting Ayurveda for weight loss and home remedies for weight loss. Additionally, by practising weight loss exercises at home.
Do you Need to Lose Weight?
If you are overweight or obese, the answer to this question is going to be a resounding Yes!
Your doctor will suggest you lose weight in cases where the excess weight is hampering your ability to move around or perform activities as per normal. Being overweight can also cause other health issues like Type 2 Diabetes, high cholesterol, and high BP.
But what if you are unsure if you need to lose weight, you can measure your BMI (Body Mass Index).
BMI and Weight Loss
Calculating BMI helps determine the ideal weight for a body. The BMI is calculated based on your gender, height, and weight.
A balanced, BMI is 18.5 (normal) to 24.9 (healthy weight) range. A 25.0 to 29.9 BMI falls under the overweight range. A 30.0 or higher BMI range is the obese range. It is vital to maintain a healthy BMI to live a fulfilling life.
That said, BMI isn’t the only thing you should focus on when it comes to weight loss. This is because weight loss isn't just about looking lean with a flat stomach. Achieving a healthy physique will not just help you look good, it will also improve your physical and mental health, reduce the risk of illnesses, and give you a chance to live a long and happy life.
So, let’s move on to the advantages and benefits of burning fat to lose weight.
Benefits of Losing Weight
One of the biggest benefit of losing weight is reducing the risk of the aforementioned problems and bringing about a healthy balance in our bodies.
- Balances blood sugar (diabetes)
- Hail and healthy heart
- Reduced lethargy
- Improved sleeping patterns
- Reduction in symptoms of PCOS in women who suffer from polycystic ovaries
- Higher self-esteem and confidence
- Lesser risk of physical injuries and pains
- Better sex drive
- Reducing the risk of cancers such as endometrial cancer, breast cancer, kidney cancer, liver cancer, pancreatic cancer
- Reduction in triglycerides levels
Chapter 2: Ayurveda for Weight Loss
In Ayurveda, obesity, also known as Atisthaulya, is described as excessive accumulation of Meda (fat/adipose tissue) and Mamsa (flesh/muscle tissue) leading to flabbiness in the body. It is considered one of Santarpanottha Vikaras (disease due to consumption of excessive calories). For weight loss, it is necessary to work on the three pillars of Ayurveda, Aahar, Vihaar and Chikitsa.
- Aahar - Diet and eating habits to be followed, based on your dosha
- Vihaar - Physical activities, meditation, and better lifestyle choices
- Chikitsa - Treatment and ayurvedic medication for weight loss.
Ayurveda has laid out plans for maintaining the best Aahar, Vihaar and Chikitsa for every Prakriti (body type), further discussed in detail in this health guide.
Ayurveda for weight loss is ideal as its methods are all-natural and rarely have any side effects. Ayurveda is easy to follow and works on fighting the root cause of the problem, thereby promoting a healthy lifestyle. Since Ayurvedic medicine for weight loss does not involve artificial treatments and chemicals or unnatural pathya (diets), it is one of the safest methods to lose weight, and maintain a body and mind balance.
Relation between Weight Loss and Dosha Balance
‘Dosha’ is a foundational concept in Ayurveda which modulate our body processes, physically and mentally. The three doshas are Vata (wind), Pitta (fire) and Kapha (water).
Every body type has a dosha / Prakriti or a combination of any of the three doshas. A little bit of each dosha is present in everybody but it is harmful when someone has an imbalance in their doshas.
How to Determine your Dosha?
To understand your body and be in your best health, it is necessary to identify the doshas. Moreover, doshas regulate metabolism but also maintain a positive state of mind. An imbalance of doshas can disrupt the external and internal environments of a person.
Understanding the Doshas will help you analyse your bodies
Vata Dosha (air, space elements)
People with Vata body type are generally active, enthusiastic and restless, and have irregular sleeping and eating patterns.
Signs to identify Vata Dosha:
- A thin, sleek body structure
- Dry skin & brittle hair
- Light sleepers, may suffer from insomnia
- Sensitive digestion
- Sudden drops in energy; experiencing fatigue-ness
Non-balanced Vata bodies find it difficult to gain weight due to high metabolism, however, they have a fast but weak pulse rate.
- Generally shy, low on confidence but humble
- Can adapt, however, show stress and worry in difficult situations
- Impatient, creative, sensitive, money spenders
- They are quick at grasping any emotions or information but are equally forgetful
Pitta Dosha (fire element)
Pitta body type has high energy levels, insightful intellectuals with ambition. They are extroverts and driven toward leadership, and competition.
Signs to identify Pitta Dosha:
- Joint Inflammation
- Hyperacidity (Acid reflux, gas, indigestion)
- Excess heat in the body
- Nausea or constipation
- Easily irritated, short-tempered
- Bad body odour and breath
- Excessive sweating
- medium build with a good muscle structure
They may fall prey to early greying of hair and balding. Passionate about food and sex, with moderate sleep and strong pulses.
Kapha Dosha (water, earth elements)
Kapha body type is generally the largest body type. A person with wide hips and shoulders can also have Kapha dosha. Physically strong with good stamina, however tend to gain weight easily. They have strong hair and teeth. A slow and steady pulse much like the elephant is observed, also resembling that they are well informed and have great memory.
Signs to identify Kapha Dosha:
- Heavy Bodied
- Lethargy leading to excessive sleep
- More than usual salivation
- Poor appetite
- Sweet taste in the mouth
- Indigestion or a constipated digestive system
- Low to moderate appetite is observed with slow digestion
Analysing Doshas will help one personalise diets and exercises. Incorporating dosha balance, averts physical and mental health ailments from the core and foresees future issues.
Chapter 3: How much exercise is needed for weight loss?
For natural weight loss, the diet and exercise plan should be in-sync. Increasing calories and fat intake while increasing exercise will not help lose weight. Similarly, starving yourself while not working out is of no good either. A basic set of weight loss exercises at home can help build a healthier body.
Different body types and lifestyles require different exercise and diet routines. People can reach out to Dr. Vaidya’s in-house doctor consultants who will help set a weight loss routine. If you suffer from hypertension, diabetes etc., consulting a doctor is a must to understand what suits you best.
Types of Exercises and Calories They Burn
- Skipping/ Jumping Rope will help you burn approximately 667-990 calories/hour
- Running will help you burn approximately 652-965 calories/hour
- Cycling will help you burn approximately 480-710 calories/hour
- Circuit Training will help you burn approximately 480-710 calories/hour
- Kickboxing will help you burn approximately 582-864 calories/hour
- Swimming will help you burn approximately 396-587 calories/ hour
- Stationary bicycling will help you burn approximately 498-738 calories/hour
- Rowing Machine will help you burn approximately 420-622 calories/hour
- Aerobic dance will help you burn approximately 396-587 calories/hour
The above mentioned options are some of the ones you can consider to be the best exercises to lose weight at home. Basic weight loss exercises at home work wonders too. You can try 20-30 mins of intense workout models, keeping in mind busy schedules.
Best Weight Loss Exercises at Home
While a gym is good for weight loss, there are a few weight loss exercises at home that can come in handy.
An all-rounder 20- minute weight loss workout:
Side Bends (Sets: 2 || Reps: 10)
- Legs apart, stretch out the right arm and bend over to the left with the left hand placed on the hip, stretch the right side
- Continue on alternate sides
High Knee Twists (Sets: 2 || Reps: 10)
- Stretch both your arms out, legs apart
- While pulling hands back in, twist to the right side and right knee towards the chest
- Continue on alternating sides
Ski Hop Jumps (Set: 2 || Reps: 10)
- Bend your knees, squatting but in a ready to jump position
- Jump sideways keeping the same position when you land
- Something similar to what a skiing professional does
Side Leg Raises (Sets: 2 || Reps: 10)
- Stand straight, holding your core and stretch out your right leg and bring it to your pelvic length while your left leg is grounded
- Continue on alternate sides
Jumping Jacks (Sets: 3 || Reps: 10 )
- Place your hands on the side, legs together.
- At the same time, jump and stretch your arms sideways and legs apart, like a starfish, jump back to normal position
Burpee (Sets: 3 || Reps: 8 to 12)
- Arms on each side, feet shoulder-width apart, pushing back your hips, bending your knees, squat all the way down, take a position with palms to the ground, straighten the body, facing the floor.
- Immediately pull back the lower body into a squat.
- With hands shoulder-width on the floor directly in front of your feet, shift your weight to jump back out and land on the plank.
- Jump feet forward so they land just outside of hands. Jump reaching out, hands overhead, lead by sides.
- Targets core, chest, and legs.
Squats (Sets: 3 || Reps: 15)
- Arms on the waist or grasped together in the front of your chest
- Bending your knees, back straight, sit on the hips, up to a point where the thighs are parallel to the floor. The knees should remain in line with your toes, not too ahead or behind.
- Slowly go up and down again.
- Squats are the best exercise to lose weight at home.
- Targets core and entire lower body.
Forward Lunge (Sets: 3 || Reps: 10 per side)
- Arms on the wait, standing tall with feet hip-width apart.
- Step forward with the right leg. Keeping the spine erect, bend your knees and thus the lower body, till the front and back legs are at a 90-degree angle.
- Come back to starting position and then the alternate side
- Forward Lunges are one of the best weight loss exercises at home.
- Targets hamstrings, glutes and quads.
Explosive Lunge (Sets: 3; Reps: 10 per side for a minute)
- Feet together, hands-on hips.
- Right leg steps forward and the left lowers into a lunge to ensure the right knee is at a 90-degree angle.
- When you jump up, switch your legs mid-air.
- Gently land in the opposite position wherein the left leg is now forward and the right leg into a lunge.
Jump Rope (Sets: 3 Reps: 2-3 mins)
Feet together, jump rope ends in each hand. Swinging the rope, hop or jump.
Make sure that the rope is a little heavy and is at suitable length for your height
Double Jump (Sets: 2 || Reps: 45 seconds as many as you can)
- Feet apart, wider than the hip-width distance, lower into a deep squat, pushing down from the centre.
- In a jump like motion, rise up and land in a backward lunge position
- Jump from this lunge again into a squat and then repeat on either side.
- Take traditional squats up a notch by incorporating a jump and lunge.
- Targets core, butt, legs.
Mountain Climbers (Sets: 3 Reps: Repeat for 1 minute)
- Plank position on the floor. Take the right knee forward towards the chest, without raising either side of the hips or touching the right foot to the floor
- Now, right foot back, and place it on the plank.
- Repeat, alternating legs.
- Mountain climbers are an efficient way to exercise for belly fat at home.
- Targets Buttocks, hamstrings and belly
Bodyweight Balance (Sets: 3 || Reps: 10 per side)
- Stand erect, feet hip-apart distance, then lift right leg backwards, elevated in air with balance.
- Bend forward, and stretch your right hand towards your left knee. Vice-versa.
- Squeeze glute and keep core engaged to stand, return to start.
Kettlebell Swing (Sets: 3 || 15 Reps each)
- Feet apart, wider than hip-width distance, keep the kettlebell in the centre, held with both hands and swing the kettlebell front and back between the legs, keeping the back straight.
- While coming ahead, press your hips forward and stand, with the kettlebell swung overhead.
- Kettlebells are very impactful when calories need to be burnt.
Dumbbell Exercises for Weight Loss
Dumbbell exercises are great as fat loss exercises at home.
Tabata Drill (Sets: 8 || Reps: Repeat for 20 seconds; rest for 10 seconds)
- For starters, use a light dumbbell in each hand, placed at your shoulders, feet at shoulder-width distance.
- Jump while extending feet sideways, simultaneously, pushing the dumbbells overhead, and extending the arms.
- Feet at a shoulder-width distance, dumbbells placed in front of the chest. Begin pushing the dumbbells across the body, diagonally on both sides, alternatively.
A few basic exercises, when practised with dumbbells help build strength. Mere 1-2 kg dumbbell exercises for weight loss will have a better impact. The best exercise to lose weight at home with dumbbells is lunges (forward lunge, cross behind lunge lateral curl, deadlifts, squats, renegade row, plie v raise, planks and leg loops.)
Exercise for Belly Fat at Home
Belly/abdominal fat is the most stubborn fat and one of the most harmful areas of fat saturation. It is directly linked to diabetes and heart diseases.
Most aforementioned exercises help lose belly fat, namely:
- Bodyweight balance
- Kettlebell swing
Yoga to Lose Weight For Beginners:
Yoga is considered an exercise for the mind, and has various additional benefits. Yoga makes our bodies flexible and aids in losing weight. There are several asanas in yoga to lose weight for beginners.
Yoga brings the mind and body in sync, one can truly connect with their body. It helps improve hormone balance, boost metabolism and regulate vaata, therefore, regulating hunger. The flexibility aspect reduces physical ailments, eases injuries and cures migraines. It has been proved to improve mental and physical health.
Previous studies have proven that yoga helps lose weight naturally, including stubborn belly fat. Other issues that come along with being overweight (eg: lethargy) are also reduced by doing Yoga.
Below are a few yoga exercises to lose weight for beginners:
- Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation Pose)
- Sarvangasana (Shoulderstand Pose)
- Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend Pose)
- Kapalbhati (Breath of Fire)
- Virabhadrasana (Warrior Pose)
- Savasana (Corpse Pose)
Chapter 4: Diet Recommendations for Weight Loss
Diet plays a vital role in weight loss. Avoid following a trendy diet, instead one should follow Aahar according to your dosha with simple weight loss foods at home. An intense workout may not give you the desired results without a proper diet. A sattvic diet with light, easy-to-digest foods can help but a few basic diet changes can also contribute to a long healthy living.
Diet Recommendations for Vata Dosha
Vata Dosha's body type should intake food that is warm, oily (provided good oils are used such as desi ghee, and olive oil), hydrated, nourishing and smooth on the stomach.
Vata Dosha Diet (foods to include):
- Hot soups, stews, & gravies
- Moist foods like fruits (melons, avocados, berries, cucumber, & olives)
- Dairy Products such as buttermilk, cheese, eggs, whole milk, yoghurt, & ghee
- Hot spices such as turmeric, cinnamon, flaxseeds, ginger, & sesame seeds
- Sweet is not as harmful Vata Dosha, however, overeating sugar is always harmful
- Nuts like almonds & hazelnuts
Vata Dosha Diet (foods to avoid):
- Avoid cold food, no food should be cooler than the room temperature
- Carbonated drinks, frozen foods, & refrigerated food
- Avoid light meals
- Consider eating moist food over oily & dry foods
- Big NO to raw or undercooked meals, this is crucial in keeping a balanced & strong Vata
Diet Recommendations for Kapha Dosha:
Kapha Dosha is aggravated by heavy, oily and pungent foods. Kapha Dosha can be kept in control with light, dry and warm foods.
Kapha Dosha Diet (foods to include):
- A liquid diet for one day a week can help remove excess kapha
- Fresh fruit (Light fruits like apples, pears, watermelon, pomegranates, apricots, & cranberries), vegetables, juices, smoothies, hot beverages like herbal tea, & soups
- Only consume low fat and low calorie dairy, boiled low-fat milk (adding a pinch of turmeric & ginger can help reduce kapha properties)
- Low fact yogurt or ghee is kapha pacifying
- Only Honey as sweetner
- Spices like pepper, mustard seeds, ginger, cloves & cayenne, will also balances the digestive system
- Lighter oils such as olive oil, almond oil, sunflower oil, & pure ghee
- Seeds rather than nuts; pumpkin & sunflower seeds
- Light and organic meats like seafood, turkey, chicken, & eggs
- Grains are vital for kapha diet; barley, corn, millet rye & buckwheat
Kapha Dosha Diet (foods to avoid):
- Heavier or sour fruits like bananas, oranges, pineapples, avocado, coconut & dates among others
- Try omitting salt
- Avoid red meat
- Avoid oats, rice & wheat
Diet Recommendations for Pitta Dosha:
Pitta can be controlled by eating fresh, cooling, carbohydrate-rich and grounding foods. Below are a few diet recommendations for a pitta dosha prone body.
Pitta Dosha Diet (foods to include):
- Fruits (all fruits except bitter fruits)
- Vegetables (except bitter vegetables)
- Seeds over nuts
- Grains (wheat, tapioca, rice, oats, granola, couscous, & barley)
- Selected legumes (kidney beans, lentils, split peas, soya beans, chickpeas, black beans, & mung dal)
- Dairy (milk, curd, unsalted butter, & cheese)
- Light oils
- Spices that help contain pitta (ginger, mint, fennel, coriander, & cardamom)
Pitta Dosha Diet (foods to avoid):
- Grains such as corn, buckwheat, millet, muesli, rye, yeasted bread, polenta, & brown rice
- Bitter foods
- Nuts, especially peanuts, & cashews
- Dairy products like salted butter, buttermilk, frozen yogurt, sour cream, hard cheese, & fruit or preservative based yogurts.
- Garam Masala Spices (bay leaf, cloves, nutmeg etc.)
- All sugars except maple, dates & barley syrup
Chapter 5: Ayurvedic Herbs for Weight Loss
Ayurveda has home remedies for weight loss for centuries and these have been proven as the safest way to live a naturally healthy life.
Few ayurvedic herbs proven to naturally help with weight loss at home include
1. Methi seeds (Fenugreek)
One of the few weight loss drinks at home is fenugreek boiled or soaked in water. Enriched with benefits that help with digestion and weight loss. A water-soluble component, Galactomannan helps curb food cravings and controls appetite.
2. Guggul (Commiphora Mukul)
Guggul has a sterol agent known as guggulsterone which promotes weight loss by stimulating metabolism. A natural cholesterol-lowering herb, guggul can be infused with tea too. Herboslim is a one-stop product by Dr Vaidya for weight loss at home that has Medohar Guggul, among other herbs for weight loss.
Triphala eliminates the toxins from our body and improves the digestive system. Triphala is made with three fruits; amla (Amalaki), bibhitaki and haritaki. Drinking 30 ml Triphala Juice mixed in a glass of water every morning before breakfast can do wonders for your weight loss regime.
4. Dalchini (Cinnamon)
Cinnamaldehyde is the organic component that enhances the metabolism of the fatty visceral tissue, therefore, shedding belly fat. Cinnamon powder can be added to black tea every day in the morning.
5. Kalonji (Nigella Sativa)
Kalonji has multiple advantages, weight loss is one. The nigellone in kalonji is a fibrous source that helps curb obesity. Unlike other spices, this can be added to one’s daily diet.
A few other ayurvedic herbs are vijayasar or kino tree, punarnava, aloe vera lemon-honey, pepper (piperine), cabbage horse gram, and ginger-garlic lemon that can be used for weight loss. These herbs, after consultation with an ayurvedic practitioner or doctor, can be used as infused herbal teas for weight loss.
Chapter 6: Ayurvedic Medicine for Weight Loss
While taking individual herbs for weight loss can be difficult and tedious, Ayurvedic practitioners have created formulations that contain these herbs in an easy-to-use form.
The Ayurvedic formulations that make up the products at Dr Vaidya’s are founded on over 150 years of experience along with new-age science-backed knowledge. This results in all-natural Ayurvedic medicines that provide quick, effective, long-lasting and side-effect free results.
If you are looking for ayurvedic solutions for natural weight loss, check these out:
- Get rid of visible fat and excess weight naturally, with this unique ayurvedic formula
- Made with herbs like Medohar Guggul (induce healthy weight loss), Garcinia/Vrikshamla (suppresses excess appetite), & Meshashringi (helps decrease sugar cravings)
- Key benefits include a boost in metabolism and suppression of appetite for visible fat reduction
- Dr. Vaidya’s Triphala Juice is with high quality produce. Carefully picked Bibhitaki, Haritaki and amla fruits, specifically cultivated in Rajasthan.
- A cold pressed juice with no artificial colouring or added sugars, making it safe for daily consumption.
- For best results, Triphala Juice should be used consistently for at least a few months.
- Triphala is also great for digestive health, bowel movements, hyperacidity, & immune function.
3. Weight Loss Combo (Triphala Juice + Herboslim)
- If you want to lose weight & boost your body’s digestive system at the same time, you should get Weight Loss Combo with Triphala Juice & Herboslim
Are Ayurvedic Medicines Safe?
Yes, Ayurvedic medicines are 100% safe when taken in the prescribed dosages. They are made from all-natural ingredients and have no known side effects.
Having said that you should consult an Ayurvedic doctor before starting any new medication. The doctor can help give you a tailor-made solution to your weight loss. This may just result in faster and long-lasting weight loss.
Bonus Weight Loss Tips at Home
After the information overload, here are a few additional ayurvedic tips for weight loss at home:
- Observe your dosha and fix an appropriate diet accordingly
- Improve eating habits, eat at the right time, and avoid munching
- Infuse herbal teas for weight loss in your diet
- Imbibe herbs for weight loss in cooking or consumption
- Hydrate with water and other healthy liquids
- Lemon Water, once in the morning
- Try weight loss drinks at home
- Get regular sleep, an adult should sleep for an average 6-8 hours, not more or fewer
- Shorts walks after meals
- Increase physical activity
- Ayurvedic medicines such as Herboslim and Triphala Juice can come in handly for weightloss
You can consult our in-house expert doctors for a tailor-made weight loss treatment plan
Herbal Tea for Weight Loss
Herbal teas for weight loss is a new trend, but one of the easiest ways to lose weight. They are very efficient home remedies for weight loss. Consult an Ayurveda practitioner before deciding on your herbal tea.
One can replace coffee and tea with Herbal Teas for Weight Loss:
- Ginger Tea
- Truly classic can be relished after meals for weight loss
- Boosts immunity, digestion and metabolism
- Black Tea
- Flavones in black tea promote weight loss
- Other herbs for weight loss can be added to optimise regular black tea
- Green Tea
- Catechins in green tea improve metabolism
- EGCG helps in the fat burning process
- Oolong Tea
- Traditional Chinese tea
- Helps with metabolism, fat loss and digestion
- Chamomile Tea
- This tea helps relax the nerves and is anti-inflammatory, therefore assisting water retention
- It also enhances the metabolism rate
You can explore other available tea options such as; Puerh (Chinese Black Tea), Indian Black Tea with Lemon Zest, White Tea, Hibiscus Tea, Dandelion Tea, Rose tea. Each tea works differently, post analysing the dosha, one can choose their most ideal tea.
Weight Loss Drinks at Home
When you switch to an active lifestyle, there are a few weight loss drinks at home that one can ake to detoxify the body and promote a fat loss process. Below are a few weight loss drinks at home that you can try:
Apple Cider Vinegar with Berries and Lemon
Apple Cider Vinegar helps boost metabolism and regulate blood sugar levels, therefore lesser cravings and lesser calorie intake
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 tbsp of dried, fresh or frozen berries (of your choice)
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Mash the berries, and add some honey.
- Mix lemon juice and apple cider vinegar into the cup.
- Add some cool water
- Mix with a spoon for a minute before consumption
Cinnamon Raw Honey Mix
- 1 cup of warm water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Heat up the water
- Let the water cool down, to a warm temperate
- Add honey and cinnamon to it
- Consume 30 minutes before breakfast
- Do not mix the honey when the water is hot as the enzymes get deactivated
Grapefruit with Cucumber
- 1 lemon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 medium-sized grapefruit
- 1 cup of water
- Cut the ingredients and add them to a blender, with water
- Blend it for a smooth concoction
- Add them to a blender, along with water.
- Blend everything until it becomes smooth
Tip: These weight loss drinks can be refrigerated and drinking them cold kickstarts the metabolism.
Final Word on Weight Loss Exercises at Home
Weight loss has been a lifelong struggle for some, but not anymore. Banking on time-tested ayurvedic principles for weight loss, you can attain the desired body and health most securely and naturally possible.
Get started on your weight loss journey today with the weight loss exercises at home and follow the aahar, vihaar, and chikitsa suggestions in this guide. You can also contact our in-house expert doctors for a tailor-made weight loss plan. And remember that the key to losing weight at home is to get started as soon as possible!
So, which of these weight loss exercises at home will you be starting with?
FAQs on Weight Loss Exercises at Home
Q. What exercise burns the most belly fat fast?
Ans. 20 minutes of high-intensity cardio workouts, everyday help burn belly fat fast.
Q. Which yoga exercises help burn belly fat fast?
Ans. Yoga practices such as naukasana, Bhujangasana, kumbhakasana, ustrasana and dhanursana can help burn belly fat easily.
Q. Is a 30-minute workout a day enough?
Ans. A 30-minute workout everyday is n enough, however, if you are struggling with obesity you can consider doing an hour's workout.
Q. How do I get rid of fat on my stomach?
Ans. Try doing the exercises for belly fat at home and yoga asanas as mentioned in this health guide. Detox waters, weight loss drinks at home and herbal teas help too.
Q. Can you lose weight with Ayurveda?
Ans. Yes, Ayurveda has tackled health problems such as obesity since the beginning of time. Ayurveda customises the weight loss process for each body, thereby assuring the best of health too.