What are the best period pain relief tablets?
Published on Jan 25, 2022
By Dr. Surya Bhagwati
Chief In- House Doctor
BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, DHBTC | 30+ Years of Experience
Period pain is something women have to deal with from puberty to menopause. This period pain can range from mild discomfort to extreme debilitating pain. While allopathy has many OTC pain killers for period pain, they cause long-term issues in the body after consistent long-term use. Fortunately, Ayurved has some side-effect-free period pain relief tablets that also resolve your period pain problem from a long-term perspective. These can include natural herbs as well as period pain tablets.
Let’s explore all your options for fighting period pain and find the best period pain relief tablets or capsules that can bring you long-term relief from period pain.
Tablets and drugs to ease period pain
Let’s look at the commonly available OTC drugs for period pain and some home remedies:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are one of the most commonly available OTC drugs for period pain. They can lower your menstrual pain and heavy menstrual bleeding. Ibuprofen and Naproxen are popular NSAIDs medicine for period pain. However, they can cause serious health issues in the long term. Abusive use of OTC pain killers can affect your liver and kidneys in the long run.
- Period pain relief tablets with Ayurvedic herbs can help ease period pain and improve period wellness. These medicine for period health help regulate hormone balance, reduce pain, and combat stress.
- Home remedies for period pain include exercising, yoga, meditation and more. You can try remedies at home to help reduce period pain and cramps. Here’s a blog with a detailed list of home remedies for period pain.
Can Hormonal Birth Control Stop Period Cramps
Hormonal birth control can alleviate period pains. A hormonal birth control tablet for menstrual pain contains synthetic hormones that regulate your menstrual cycle and relieve cramping. Birth control tablets lower prostaglandins, bodily substances that induce uterine cramps and inflammation.
The hormonal IUD or birth control shot may also reduce period cramps. Hormonal birth control can cause nausea, headaches, and mood problems in some people.
It's best to talk to a doctor about hormonal birth control's adverse effects and benefits. Hormonal birth control helps lower period cramps, but it doesn't relieve menstrual discomfort, so some people may need alternative treatments.
Key ingredients in Ayurvedic period pain tablets
There are period pain tablets tablets available in Ayurved that contain key herbs which are beneficial in easing your period pain.
- Ashoka: Hormonal balance plays an important role in your period pain. Period pain can occur when your hormonal balance is disrupted. Ashoka helps to restore your hormonal balance and regulates your period cycle.
- Dashmool: This is one of the best pain-relieving herbs that is found in nature. Dashmool can help reduce your period pain and can also reduce the discomfort it causes.
- Kumari (Aloe Vera): This plantis used in several medicines as it is blessed with many health benefits. It contributes towards regulating your monthly menstrual cycle and supports healthy blood sugar levels.
- Lodhara: This herb can constrict the blood vessels and thus it can be used to control heavy menstrual bleeding.
Home Remedies for period Cramps
There are a number of home remedies that might help ease period cramps. Some examples:
Heat therapy: putting a heating pad on your lower stomach helps ease cramping and relax your abdominal muscles. A warm bath, hot water bottle, or heating pad can help.
Exercise: Light exercise, like walking or stretching, can help ease menstrual cramps by increasing blood flow and releasing endorphins, which are natural pain relievers.
Herbal teas: Some herbal teas, such as ginger tea, chamomile tea, and cinnamon tea, can help reduce inflammation and relieve period cramps.
Modifying Your Diet: Consuming a healthy, well-balanced diet high in minerals and vitamins will help alleviate menstrual cramps. There is some speculation that abstaining from coffee, alcohol, and processed meals could be beneficial.
Massage: Gently massaging the lower abdomen might assist enhance blood flow and alleviate cramping.
Acupuncture: Acupuncture can help ease menstrual cramps.
Essential oils: oils of lavender, peppermint, and clary sage, among others, have been shown to reduce inflammation and provide relief from menstrual cramps. Nevertheless, essential oils should never be used directly to the skin without first being diluted.
To know more about how to Reduce Period Pain at Home click at https://drvaidyas.com/blogs/all/how-to-reduce-period-pain-at-home
What's the best period pain tablet?
Dealing with period pain can be quite stressful but the right medicine can help ease your period pain.
Compared to OTC pain killers, Ayurvedic medicine like Dr. Vaidya’s Pain Wellness is a better choice or you may consider it one among the best Period Pain Relief Tablets in India.
Ayurvedic medicines for period pain are specially formulated to help ease period pain while supporting period health. They can also be used every month without fear of side effects. You can even take period pain tablet or capsule when on your period to help with the period cramps.
The advantage of Ayurved here is that the herbs used help stabilize the hormone levels naturally, improving the root cause of the period pain. What this means is that Ayurvedic Period Wellness medicine can provide a long-term, safe, and natural relief from period pain.
What helps period pain fast?
Here are five ways to help get relief from menstrual cramps:
- Heat Therapy
- Herbal Teas
Why is my period so painful?
In the absence of oxygen, the tissues of the uterus release substances that cause discomfort. In conjunction with the release of these pain-inducing chemicals, your body also produces prostaglandins. They cause the uterine muscles to contract more, so intensifying the pain.
Does chocolate reduce period pain?
The magnesium in dark chocolate may help reduce discomfort associated with PMS. Muscle cramps are signalled by the release of certain chemicals, and magnesium may prevent their formation.
How can I reduce period pain at home?
- Drink more water to reduce bloating
- Enjoy herbal teas to relieve inflammation and muscle spasms
- Eat anti-inflammatory foods to relax menstrual cramps
- Skip the treats to avoid extra bloating
- Reach for decaf coffee to improve period pain