How to Increase Male Libido in 20 Simple Ways
by Dr. Surya Bhagwati on Mar 16, 2022
Wondering how to increase male libido, but don’t know where to start? This simple guide will provide you with 20 easy-to-follow ways to increase male libido with Ayurveda.
Everyday stress, a sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, and many other factors can impact your sex drive. This can end up with you not getting excited with the idea of having sex or feeling attracted to your partner, potentially leading to relationship problems and more!
But don’t worry since a low sex drive is something that can be improved.
In this article:
Let’s first define ‘libido’ before jumping to the 20 ways on how to increase male libido.
What is Libido?
Libido is also known as sex drive, sexual appetite, or sexual desire. It is your body’s desire for sexual intercourse.
Several factors can affect your sex drive, including your hormone levels, quality of sleep, energy levels, medication, and emotional health. This is why everyone’s situation and libido levels are unique.
One important fact about your libido is that it will begin to decline as you grow older.
Signs of Low Libido in Males
It is normal for you to lose interest in sex from time to time. But if it’s becoming a regular trend where you don’t feel the desire to have sex, it may indicate that you have a low sexual desire.
So, if you start to feel like you are losing interest in sex, this may be a sign of low libido and the right time to find out how to increase male libido.
Causes of Sexual Anxiety & Low Sex Drive in Men
A decline in sexual desire in men can be caused by one or more of the following factors:
- Relationship issues including poor trust, frequent arguments, and losing the spark in the relationship
- Sexual issues including painful sex, erectile dysfunction, vaginal dryness, and vaginismus
- Stress and anxiety caused by lack of energy and exhaustion
- Depression, feeling low and hopeless due to poor mood and moral
- Drugs and alcohol consumption which can harm your sexual health
- Aging which causes a natural decline in sex drive
- Some allopathic medications like those for high BP and enlarged prostate
- Other health issues like diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, heart disease, underactive thyroid, and cancer
Side Effects of Low Sexual Desire in Men
A decline in sexual desire may not look like a big problem from the outside, but it can be crippling for those experiencing it.
Loss of sexual interest can be very unnerving for men and can cause several side effects, both physical and emotional.
Side effects of low sex drive include:
- Erectile dysfunction
- Sexual anxiety
- Relationship problems
- Damaged self-esteem
- Poor body image
Fortunately, there are ways in which you can naturally improve your sex drive.
Top 20 Ways to Increase Libido in Men
To boost your libido to new heights, we suggest focusing on the three pillars of Ayurveda, aahar (food), vihaar (lifestyle), and chikitsha (medication).
How to increase male libido with food (aahar)?
Here is a list of food that helps increase libido in men:
- Fruits like bananas, figs, and pomegranates are well known to boost blood flow to the penis. They also contain aphrodisiac properties that can help promote your sex drive.
- Drinking green tea can help elevate your sexual desire by promoting blood flow.
- Avoid foods that are known to cause indigestion, are astringent or are salty.
- Avocados can help boost blood flow while preventing artery damage that is known to increase the risk of erectile dysfunction.
- While not recommended by Ayurveda, dark chocolate is known to enhance sexuality.
- Pumpkin seeds contain nutrients and minerals that help promote immunity, testosterone levels, and sex drive in men.
- Watermelon contains prominent levels of L-arginine that helps lower stress and improve sex drive.
- Include garlic in your diet as it is rich in a component called allicin, known to improve blood flow to the genital region.
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption as this can dehydrate the body and cause an imbalance in your doshas.
How to increase male libido with lifestyle (vihaar)?
Other than the right foods that increase libido, here are a few lifestyle suggestions to naturally improve your sex drive:
- Avoid smoking as the harmful elements in cigarettes can damage your cardiovascular system, lowering sexual performance and libido.
- Get enough sleep that is restful as a study showed that getting more sleep at night can improve sex drive the following day.
- Lower your anxiety by managing your daily and sex-related stress with open communication with your partner.
- Foreplay can help you and your partner get into the right mindset and develop a passion for sex.
- Meditation can help melt away the stress and anxiety associated with sex. It can also help you get in the right mental zone to genuinely enjoy sex.
- Strengthen your relationship by being more intimate with a heart-to-heart conversion over a romantic dinner. Remember that healthy communication is the key to a healthy relationship.
- Exercising can also help boost libido in men as it can help naturally elevate testosterone levels.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight as this can improve your self-esteem and confidence in your body image.
How to increase male libido with medication (chikitsha)?
- Try ayurvedic herbs like Maca, Ashwagandha, and Ginseng that are proven to help boost sex drive in men.
- Talking to a doctor can help sort out the psychological and physical problems associated with low libido in men. Relationship counselling can also help couples struggling with this problem.
- Take ayurvedic sex power boosting capsules like Herbo 24 Turbo that contain natural ingredients that boost sexual performance and desire with no known side effects.
Benefits of Ayurveda to Increase Sex Drive in Men
You are now armed with 20 unique ways to increase male libido. But what next?
Healthy aahar and vihaar are essential if you want the best results from using ayurvedic medicine for sex power.
If you are wondering how to increase male libido quickly, we recommend you get started with any of the 20 ways that work for you!
Talking to an ayurvedic doctor can also help as they can give you a clear path to boosting your sex drive quickly.
Regardless of the cause of your low sex drive, Ayurveda can help you get back your sexual power and prowess!