Muscle or joint pain can strike anywhere and anytime, without notice. And, when it is not treated on time, it can worsen. However, painkillers are not the solution. With the help of home remedies and Ayurvedic products, you can get rid of the muscle and joint pain in the comfort of your home. But, if it continues or you see redness, swelling or tenderness, then you must visit a doctor for further diagnosis. The cause of joint pain can be; osteoarthritis, sprain, injury, bursae, etc.
Remedies for Joint and muscle pain
Massage therapy is exceptional to relieve joint and muscle pain. It helps improve the blood circulation, reduces inflammations, and provides a soothing effect. Several studies show that massages can prevent stiffness in the joints, pain, and can improve the range of motion. You can give yourself massages regularly by using warm oils such as coconut oil, sesame oil, and even garlic oil as it acts as a joint pain relief oil.
Turmeric is a useful spice and can cure various conditions. Used in various Ayurvedic medicine for joint pain, this golden-yellow powder is magical. Turmeric is tremendously beneficial for joint and muscle pain because it contains curcumin and has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. According to a study published in the Journal of Alternative and complementary medicine in 2009, curcumin was compared with ibuprofen. And, it was seen that curcumin was more effective than the
ibuprofen to provide relief from pain in patients suffering from osteoarthritis.
To use turmeric for pain relief;
- Take a glass of warm milk and add a teaspoon of pure and organic turmeric powder to it. Drink this golden liquid every day for pain relief. To enhance the taste, you can also add some honey.
- You can also consume turmeric capsules regularly. However, before you start taking them, it is important to consult with your doctor as you must not mix turmeric with certain medications, such as blood thinners, etc.
3. Ayurvedic medicine for pain relief
Ayurveda provides a natural solution for joint and muscle pain. Today, you can find authentic Ayurvedic products online, which help cure various ailments. A well-known Ayurvedic products manufacturer, Dr. Vaidya’s, brings us Nirgundi Joint Guard. It is a joint pain relief oil, which is made using til oil, castor oil, sarsav oil, and nirgundi extracts. In addition, they have an age-old formulation of Rumox Balm, the best pain balm which contains menthol and eucalyptus.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider Vinegar or ACV provides relief from joint pain by flushing out the toxins from the body, joints, and connective tissues. It has an alkalizing quality to it, which is beneficial for people suffering from arthritis. Also, ACV is rich in magnesium, calcium, potassium, and phosphorous.
How to use ACV?
- Take a glass of warm water and add 1-2 teaspoons of organic ACV to it. You must drink this liquid at least 2-3 times a day, preferably before your meals. To enhance the taste, you can also add a teaspoon of honey. This will not only provide relief from pain, but it will also improve your overall health.
- When you experience joint or muscle pain, mix ACV and olive oil in 1:1 ratio and apply it on the affected area. Do it methodically to ease the pain and continue to do so till the pain completely goes away.
Wondering how this spice can help ease the pain? It is because Cayenne pepper contains a compound known as capsaicin, which is a natural pain-killer and one of the best Ayurvedic medicines. According to the study conducted by the Journal of medical association Thailand in 2010, it was found that applying a gel with 0.0125% capsaicin provided a pain relief in women who were suffering from mild to moderate pain because of knee osteoarthritis.
How to use Cayenne Pepper?
Take a coconut and heat it using a double-boiler method to avoid burning of the oil. Once the coconut oil is heated, to half a cup of oil, add 2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder. Now, mix it well and apply the mixture on the affected area and let it sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash it off. Repeat this process multiple times a day until you experience relief. Cayenne pepper might cause a slight burning sensation which is normal. However, don’t opt for this remedy if you have wounds or cuts.