“Oil your hair beta, it will grow faster”.. You’ve probably received this advice from your grandmothers, mothers, relatives, friends, doctors and anyone else who has hair on their heads. But its time you understand the reason behind this ancient hair growth oil tradition.
Oiling your hair the right amount is very important, as an excess can block hair follicles and significantly reduce the pH of the scalp- resulting in rapid hair loss. Too much can also disrupt the natural oil/water balance of the body, stopping cells from producing oil naturally. However, too little will result in it being brittle and fragile, leading to hair loss. Hair growth also reduces, and it becomes less tensile.
Furthermore, it is beneficial to use a good Ayurvedic Hair Oil. This is because these oils are natural hair toners that contain pure, natural extracts from herbs. There are no damaging chemicals that cause the hair to become brittle or dry.
What are the benefits of using Ayurvedic hair oil?
- Hair oil is able to penetrate the skin and revitalize the skin tissue.
- Massaging your hair gently while applying oil increases blood circulation to the scalp.
- Using hair oil is a great way to tame frizzy hair.
- Ayurvedic Hair oil is an effective way to get rid of dandruff.
- Hair growth oil also helps to get rid of a headache.
- It also prevents premature greying of hair.
- Coats the hair shaft, preventing hair from oxidizing
What does a good Ayurvedic hair oil contain?
According to Ayurvedic science, hair loss is linked to an imbalance in the Vata Dosha. This is because the Vata dosha is responsible for movements of digested food and nutrients through the body, and an obstruction in this can result in a decrease in the supply of nourishment to hair cells. Therefore, a good Ayurvedic hair growth oil should primarily contain natural ingredients which help nourish the hair such as:
1. Neem – Which prevents scalp infections and dandruff
2. Ashwagandha – A rich antioxidant that enhances immunity to increase hair growth
3. Jatamansi – A natural hair tonic that helps rejuvenate hair roots and prevents greying
Dr. Vaidya’s Herbocool contains all these ingredients, including several more such as Amla and Bhringraj. It is made up of pure natural extracts and herbs which helps treat hair in a natural way. This Ayurvedic hair oil is available online and can be bought here.