How To Cure Erectile Dysfunction Naturally?
by Dr. Surya Bhagwati on Nov 03, 2021
Erectile dysfunction or ED is a condition where a man has trouble getting an erection or maintaining it during intercourse. It is a common problem in men irrespective of their ages. But the good news is that an erectile dysfunction cure is possible.
There are many options available for erectile dysfunction treatment as ED medication and surgery. But, if you want a safe and long-lasting solution, you should opt for natural treatment for ED.
Shilajit Gold has Ayurvedic ingredients that are known to help boost natural testosterone for more power and stamina.
Table Of Contents
- How To Cure Erectile Dysfunction Naturally?
- Healthy Diet for Erectile Dysfunction
- Move A Muscle
- Destress Yourself
- Get Slim
- Counselling And Good Conversation
- Ayurvedic Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction
- Here Are A Few Herbs Used in Ayurvedic Medicine For Erectile Dysfunction
- FAQ On Erectile Dysfunction
How To Cure Erectile Dysfunction Naturally?
There are many natural treatments for ED you can opt for. These include a balanced diet, adopting a healthy lifestyle, exercising regularly, managing stress, seeking relationship counselling.
When you look for a natural solution for erectile dysfunction, it is always better to consult a doctor first. It will help you identify the reason for ED and get the treatment that suits you the most.
Scroll down to know more about these natural remedies for ED in detail.
Healthy Diet for Erectile Dysfunction
Though there is no single miracle food to prevent erectile dysfunction, much evidence suggests that certain foods can help ED. They also offer many other health benefits and therefore should be a part of your food.
Food To Cure Erectile Dysfunction
- Leafy Greens and Beet: Spinach, celery, and beetroots have a high concentration of nitrates. They exert relaxing effects on the blood vessels that supply the penis. It helps in achieving and maintaining an erection for a longer duration.
- Pistachios: Eating pistachio nuts every day helps in sexual issues, including ED. It helps boost sexual desire and improves overall sexual satisfaction. Pistachios contain a protein called arginine that helps relax blood vessels.
- Fruits for Erectile Dysfunction: Fruits like Banana, pomegranate, avocado, watermelon, blackberries are rich in minerals like potassium, zinc, flavonoids, and antioxidants that help in ED.
What To Avoid for Erectile Dysfunction?
It is equally necessary that you avoid certain foods that can hinder your performance in bed.
- Alcohol and Sugary Drinks: Alcohol consumption can decrease blood flow and reduce testosterone production leading to ED. Eating sugar can increase the weight that affects erection.
- Food high in fats
- Red and processed meats
- Smoking affects the health of blood vessels and the heart to hamper the blood flow causing ED. Quitting smoking helps to improve blood flow.
Move A Muscle
Exercises or engaging in physical activities help with ED by improving blood vessel health, lowering stress, and raising testosterone levels.
You might be surprised to know that just 30 minutes of walking a day can cause a remarkable drop in risk for ED.
Kegel Exercises for Erectile Dysfunction
Practicing Kegel exercises strengthens your pelvic floor and helps improve ED and sexual performance.
Tighten the muscles at the bottom of your pelvic area. Hold for 3 seconds and then release. Do this 10-15 times, 3 times a day for improved sexual fitness.
Stress is one of the causes of ED. Practice meditation, yoga to counter the ill effects of stress and boost your performance.
Being overweight can be a reason for ED as excess fat messes with your hormones and increases the risk of heart diseases and diabetes, two major causes of ED. If obesity is affecting your performance, then shedding a few kgs can help you improve ED.
Follow a balanced diet and exercise regularly to achieve weight loss naturally.
Counselling And Good Conversation
If things are not working for you in bed, indulging in a dialogue with your partner can help ease tension and relax you.
Seeking professional counselling helps you to understand the cause of your problem and how you can overcome it.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Erectile Dysfunction
Ayurved, as we know, has a holistic approach to health. It has a dedicated branch known as Vajikarana that deals with the sexual problems of men and improves their potency. Ayurved uses various herbs that reduce anxiety, enhance sexual desire or libido, improve blood supply to the reproductive organ, raise testosterone levels to treat ED.
Here Are A Few Herbs Used in Ayurvedic Medicine For Erectile Dysfunction
Known as Indian ginseng, Ashwagandha is a time-tested and proven natural remedy for ED. This Vrishya or aphrodisiac herb helps reduce stress, improves testosterone levels, boosts stamina and strength. All these actions help to treat ED without any side effects.
You can easily buy the Ashwagandha capsule online. Take a teaspoon of Ashwagandha powder or one to two capsules daily with milk to treat ED naturally.
Safed or white musli works wonder for erectile dysfunction thanks to its powerful aphrodisiac properties. It is one of the best natural testosterone-boosting herbs that increase libido or sexual desire, enhance performance, and help cure ED.
Take a teaspoon of powder two times a day with milk.
This natural testosterone-boosting herb is a common ingredient of ayurvedic medicine for erectile dysfunction. Gokhru helps maintain optimum testosterone levels. It strengthens the penile tissue, improves blood flow towards the penis, and thus, enhances penile erection to help you last longer.
Take a half to one teaspoon of Gokhru powder with milk after lunch and dinner.
Tip: If you are looking for a convenient way of taking these herbs, Dr. Vaidya’s Shilajit Gold capsule is the right option for you.
Though the risk of ED increases with age, ED is becoming a common sexual problem in young men. It affects confidence, relations, and ultimately the quality of life. Finding the exact cause can help to cure ED. Natural remedies and making lifestyle changes can help you to improve ED and overall sexual health.
Frequently Asked Questions About Erectile Dysfunction
Is erectile dysfunction curable?
The complete cure depends on the underlying cause. It can be easy to reverse ED in men who were previously able to sustain an erection. But in many cases, multiple factors cause ED, and hence, the treatment is not straightforward. A complete cure may not be possible in conditions like atherosclerosis, aging, injuries to the spinal cord or brain that affect blood vessels or nerves in the body.
What Is the Fastest Way to Cure Erectile Dysfunction?
Well, that depends on the cause of ED. Paying attention to the heart and mental health, taking the right medicines after consulting a doctor, making suitable changes in the food and lifestyle can help in the faster cure of erectile dysfunction.
What Causes a Weak Erection?
Erection is a complex phenomenon. Many factors like age, physical, emotional, and mental health, levels of hormones like testosterone, the health of blood vessels, nerves play a crucial role in getting and maintaining an erection. Anything that affects these factors can result in a weak erection. Long-term diseases like diabetes, obesity, heart problems also affect erection.
What Is a Good Vitamin for Erectile Dysfunction?
Few studies have validated the links between vitamin deficiencies and ED. Supplementation of Folic acid, vitamin D, Niacin, or vitamin B3 can help improve ED. Vitamin C may help improve sexual function by improving blood flow and raising testosterone. So, include greens like broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, citrus fruits, bananas, peanuts on the menu regularly.
- Pizzol, D., Smith, L., Fontana, L. et al. Associations between body mass index, waist circumference and erectile dysfunction: a systematic review and META-analysis. Rev Endocr Metab Disord 21, 657–666 (2020).
- Gerbild H, Larsen CM, Graugaard C, Areskoug Josefsson K. Physical Activity to Improve Erectile Function: A Systematic Review of Intervention Studies. Sex Med. 2018;6(2):75-89.
- Ioannis Mykoniatis et al; Sexual Dysfunction Among Young Men: Overview of Dietary Components Associated with Erectile Dysfunction, The Journal of Sexual Medicine, 2018, 15 (2): 176-182.
- Dorey G, Speakman MJ, Feneley RC, Swinkels A, Dunn CD. Pelvic floor exercises for erectile dysfunction. BJU Int. 2005 Sep;96(4):5957.
- Yu, Z.; Malik et al; Associations between nut consumption and inflammatory biomarkers. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2016, 104, 722–728.
- Eric Yarnell, Herbs for Erectile Dysfunction, Alternative and Complementary Therapies. Dec 2015.276-283.
- Ramin Nasimi Doost Azgomi et al; Effects of Withania somnifera on Reproductive System: A Systematic Review of the Available Evidence, BioMed Research International, 2018.
- Bansal Neetu, Safed musli chlorophytum borivilianum. MOJ Bioequivalence & Bioavailability, 2018, 5. 10.15406/mojbb.2018.05.00123.
Do Jungmo et al, Effects and Mechanism of Action of a Tribulus terrestris Extract on Penile Erection, Korean journal of urology, 2013, 54:183-8.