Five Herbal Weight Loss Drinks That Actually Work!
by Dr. Surya Bhagwati on Dec 21, 2021
A world of drinks out there are said to promote weight loss. But most are loaded with sugar and other additives. And only a few are designed with your long-term health benefits in mind. However, if you were to make some healthy variants of weight loss drinks on your own, that’s super easy to do and fun too. And just as their name goes, they naturally promote weight loss as well.
So, let’s look at 5 simple and easy to make weight loss drinks that are worth a shot.
1. A little about Triphala Juice
Dr. Vaidya’s Triphala juice is a herbal weight loss drink containing the traditional Triphala formulation of Bibhitaki, Haritaki, and Amalaki. Each of these herbs in this Ayurvedic juice promotes better digestion and faster weight loss! How do we make this juice yummy though? Let’s find out!
Yummy Triphala Juice Recipe
- Shake the Triphala Juice Concentrate bottle well, before use.
- Measure 30 ml of the Triphala Juice and mix it in a glass of water.
- Add a dash of honey and salt to it.
Voila! That’s your easy peasy Triphala Juice Fix. Drink this yummy weight loss drink every day on an empty stomach, preferably in the mornings or before digging into your meals. You can buy Triphala Juice online, just for Rs. 266, you know!
2. Ginger Juice Fix
When you think of healthy juices, ginger juice is probably not the first one that comes to your mind. However, ginger juice is a fabulous Ayurvedic weight loss drink! It contains gingerol, the bioactive component that supercharges your digestion and promotes natural weight loss. Ginger juice also has antioxidant properties that help better regulate your blood sugar levels. What a wondrous juice this is! Ginger juice for the win, folks! Be it weight loss or controlling your blood sugar levels! Let’s find out how to use Ginger juice and make a yum yum weight loss drink!
Ginger Juice Recipe
- Get fresh ginger roots for the juice
- After washing and peeling your ginger pieces, cut them into thin slices.
- Chuck the ginger slices into your juicer and get it whirling away until you get a nice smooth ginger juice extract.
- Add a dash of lime, some honey or sugar to your drink and dilute it with lots of water. There you have your ginger drink!
- If you don’t have fresh ginger at home, you can make do with ginger powder as well.
3. Refreshing Aloe Vera Juice
We all know about Aloe vera’s skin rejuvenating properties. But did you that drinking Aloe vera juice has its benefits too? Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C, E as well as vitamin B12 and folic acid. These vitamins help protect your cells from free radicals. They also help promote detoxification in your system. So, drinking Aloe vera juice helps your body flush out toxins and promotes weight loss. How do you make this a palatable, nice juice though? Let’s find out.
Quick and easy Aloe vera juice recipe for great weight loss drinks
- Get a bottle of Dr. Vaidya’s Aloe Vera Juice Concentrate. Shake it well, before you use it.
- Pour 30 ml of this juice concentrate into a glass and dilute it with water.
- Now add a dash of lime, some salt, a bit of sugar if you like your drinks to be sweet. If you do not consume sugar, go on and add half a teaspoon of honey to your drink.
- Voila! There’s your Aloe vera juice fix for weight loss!
You can drink this in the mornings on an empty stomach or before meals, later in the day.
4. Medicinal Tulsi Tea
Tulsi is a revered herb in India. It’s packed with anti-inflammatories, antioxidant, anti-diabetic, immunomodulatory, anti-arthritic, and a whole bunch of health-boosting properties. It boosts your metabolism, weight loss, and improves insulin sensitivity. It also has calming and soothing properties. Do you need more reasons to include Tulsi tea in your lifestyle? Now to the super simple recipe of making Tulsi tea.
A Simple recipe for making Tulsi Tea at home
- Boil 1-2 cups of water
- Add Tulsi leaves to the boiling water and let it brew for a few minutes.
- You can add a teaspoon or a pinch of tea leaves to this concoction, to make it into a real tea.
- Strain the tea leaves and the Tulsi leaves out pour the herbal drink into a cup.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to the tea and mix well.
- Serve the Tulsi Tea warm and enjoy it!
5. Lemon Water - One of the best weight loss drinks
This list would not be complete without mentioning lemon water – the much-loved weight loss drink ever. Lemon water is rich in antioxidants and vitamin C. Both help boost digestion, detox your system and fight free radical damage. And for some reason, people have a lot of faith in lemon water, when it comes to weight loss.
Lemon Water fix
- All you have to do is squeeze some lemon juice into a glass of water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey if you want it to be sweet.
- You can even have this in warm water, if that works for you.
- Drink this on an empty stomach for better metabolism.
This is probably the simplest recipe in the world of recipes!
Now that you know all these simple, fun recipes to make weight loss drinks, go on and start making them already! Of course, you need to remember that just consuming weight loss drinks does not lead to weight loss in a healthy, sustainable manner. You need to revamp your lifestyle, workout every day, have a nutritious diet that fulfils your calories needs while living a stress-free life.
Do all this and spice up your health and fitness regime with these weight loss drinks to chase your fitness goals. You can always reach out to us at Dr. Vaidya’s to understand your body’s specific needs, get treated for ailments, if any, and supplement your fitness journey with our amazing wellness products.