Best Ayurvedic Treatment for Premature Ejaculation
by Dr. Surya Bhagwati on Mar 14, 2022
Premature Ejaculation (PE) is one of the most common sexual problems in men. In this blog, we will explore the effectiveness of ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation.
Ayurveda is an ancient holistic science that has been helping people improve their lives for thousands of years. While ayurvedic medicines (chikitsha) are known to be effective at boosting sexual power and stamina, Ayurveda also focuses on maintaining a healthy diet (aahar) and lifestyle (vihaar) to experience the best results for any treatment.
Now that we have established how Ayurveda works, let’s take a look at Premature Ejaculation.
In this article:
What is Premature Ejaculation?
Premature Ejaculation (PE) happens when a man ejaculates right before (or immediately after) penetration.
This lack of ejaculative control affects 40% of men around the world. And this number is rising for men in the Indian subcontinent. PE doesn’t just mean poor sexual pleasure for both partners, it can also cause issues like anxiety, depression, embarrassment, and fertility issues.
Ayurvedic scriptures suggest Shukragata Vata, which is the closest equivalent to Premature ejaculation in Ayurveda, is caused by an aggravated Vata dosha. The right steps towards bringing balance to the doshas with aahar, vihaar, and chikitsha can do wonders in treating the underlying causes of premature ejaculation.
Causes of Early Ejaculation
There are several causes of early ejaculation that you need to be aware of, especially if you want an effective ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation.
Here is a list of the most common causes of PE:
- Excessive masturbation
- Excessive oral sex
- Relationship issues
- Fatigue or exhaustion
- Hormonal imbalance
- Having a poor body image
- Having sex at an early age
- Prostate or urethra inflammation
- Sexual repression
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Smoking cigarettes
- Use of recreational drugs
- Increase in body temperature
- Inherited genetic traits
- Eating foods that have a ‘hot’ constitution
Ayurvedic Treatment Methods for Premature Ejaculation
Ayurveda requires you to focus on its three pillars, aahar (diet), vihaar (lifestyle), and chikitsha (medication). So, comprehensive ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation would not be complete without mentioning the best diet, lifestyle choices, and ayurvedic medications to combat PE.
A diet that Helps with PE (Aahar)
Since Premature Ejaculation is caused by an aggravated Vata dosha, your diet should include Vata-pacifying foods.
This Vata-balancing diet should include whole foods that are freshly cooked and rich in healthy fat and protein. These foods should be soft or tender in texture and can be seasoned with spices to be served warm or hot.
This diet can help nourish and lubricate your tissue, keep your warmth, and preserve your moisture while calming your Vata dosha.
Here is a list of Vata-pacifying foods that you can help against premature ejaculation:
- Cooked oats
- Urad dal
- Mung dal
- Toor dal
- Sweet potatoes
- Mung beans
- Green chillies
- Ripe bananas
Lifestyle Choices to Combat PE (Vihaar)
Making the right choices when it comes to your lifestyle can help when combating premature ejaculation. This can include simple home remedies for treating premature ejaculation as well as exercises for PE that help.
Here is a list of vihaar practices for premature ejaculation:
- Get plenty of sleep so that you are in a better mental state while not being too fatigued to perform.
- Practicing yoga asanas like Dhanurasana, Matsyasana, and Ashwini Mudra can help improve sexual stamina and power.
- Yogic breathing techniques like Kapalbhati Pranayama can help delay climax and boost sexual performance.
- The squeeze technique can help delay ejaculation when you or your partner squeeze the penis head when you are about to orgasm.
- Kegel exercises can help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles to improve ejaculatory control.
- The start-stop technique requires you to pause having sex just before orgasm to delay climax.
- Masturbating before having sex can help men achieve longer ejaculation time and better control.
- Don’t get overstimulated before having sex and end up not lasting long in bed.
- Try getting distracted about non-sexual related things (like car insurance) to improve sexual stamina.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Premature Ejaculation (Chikitsha)
Herbs are the most common and time-tested ayurvedic remedy for premature ejaculation. This is because the right herbal prescription can help boost sexual stamina and performance without causing any side effects. This is also why ayurvedic medicine for premature ejaculation is so popular.
These herbs and medicines work to help stimulate testosterone while treating the root of the problem with Ayurvedic formulations.
Here are the best ayurvedic herbs for premature ejaculation:
- Shilajit (Asphaltum punjabianum): This nutrient-rich mineral is great for boosting sexual performance and improving erections.
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera): This potent aphrodisiac can help improve mood, reduce anxiety, and help against premature ejaculation.
- Kavach Beej (Mucuna pruriens): This ayurvedic herb can help men last longer in bed and is a popular ingredient in the best ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation.
- Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum): This ayurvedic therapy for premature ejaculation helps boost the natural production of testosterone.
- Jaiphal/Nutmeg (Myristica fragrans): This aphrodisiac helps boost erections and provides longer ejaculation time, and libido.
- Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus): This is one of the best ayurvedic treatments for premature ejaculation and helps improve sexual health and wellbeing in men.
- Akarkarabh (Anacyclus pyrethrum): This herb is a Veeryastambhana that is a known ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation.
You can purchase these herbs from an Ayurvedic practitioner. However, we recommend you consult an ayurvedic doctor before doing so. The doctor will be able to better guide you in which ayurvedic herbs and medicines will work for your dosha or constitution.
Along with these herbs, ayurvedic formulations like Herbo 24 Turbo are also available online. These formulations use ancient knowledge to prepare a proprietary ayurvedic medicine for sex power.
Does Ayurveda for Premature Ejaculation Work?
Ayurveda is based on the principles of aahar, vihaar, and chikitsha. This means that to get the best ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation, you should follow the right diet, make the best lifestyle choices, and use the best ayurvedic medicine.
So, with the right Vata-pacifying diet, combined with yoga asanas for PE, and doctor-approved ayurvedic medicines, you are sure to improve sexual performance and combat premature ejaculation.
FAQs on ayurvedic treatment for premature ejaculation
Which ayurvedic medicine is best for premature ejaculation?
Herbo Turbo is one of our best selling ayurvedic medicines and has helped improve the lives of thousands of men.
What is the fastest way to cure premature ejaculation?
Ayurvedic oils can help improve erections and may help delay orgasms, making them one of the fastest ways to combat PE.
Does Ashwagandha help premature ejaculation?
Yes, Ashwagandha for premature ejaculation is very popular and found in many top-tier ayurvedic medicines.